Planning for camping getaway can be mind boggling especially when you have no idea what gear to bring along. While you are at it, you are torn between carrying the normal fold-able chair, or backpacking one.
Camping chairs ought to be moderately heavy but of great quality. Chairs that can withstand pounds of weight on rugged terrain.
Qualities of these chairs range from fabric, frames, and extra added features. Below are our best picks that you can choose from.
1. Coleman Oversized Quad Chair
If you are looking for a modern heavy duty camping chair look no further. Coleman Oversized Quad Chair is a fully cushioned chair made from durable polyester and comes in several vibrant colors to choose from.
The fabric is water and tear resistant. A mesh pocket is included on the side. The breathable pocket allows you to store your phone within your reach.
This heavy duty chair has a steel frame and dual armrests that hold a cup holder and a pouch on each side.
How about having a cooler on your chair. This pouch is insulated and can hold up to four cans.
At 24 inches wide and 18 inches high. This chair fits all people and is a perfect camping partner that can still be used in a backyard barbecue.
- It comes with a mesh side pocket for your phone, keys, or wallet.
- It has dual armrests. On one armrest is a cup holder.
- The frames are made of strong frames.
- It comes with an insulated pouch that can hold four cans.
- This chair is not suitable for backpacking due to its weight.
2. ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair
Are you a safari person and you are looking for a chair that completes the safari look? ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair is your best mater.
The khaki color complements outdoors while giving you the deserved comfort in the all cushioned 600D polyester fabric.
It comes with dual armrests which hold a cup holder and a side pocket each. Easing the ache of moving about to pick water or get your phone.
The frames are sturdy and are collapsible. They are made from powder coated steel. The package also includes a shoulder carry bag.
This steel framed chair weighs 13 pounds and can hold your 800pounds weight with ease.
- The frames are made from sturdy powdercoated steel.
- An all cushioned seat made from 600D durable polyester.
- It can hold 800pounds and the seat is 38inches wide.
- It comes with a dual armrest, each coming with a cupholder and a pouch.
- At 13 pounds, this chair is the heaviest and cannot be carried around by hikers.
3. ONIVA Oversized Outdoor Chair
This oversized outdoor chair can hold 400 pounds with the help of its strong and sturdy steel frames.
An incredibly spacious seat is ONIVA with 24 inches wide, 17 inches deep and 24 inches high, anyone can fit in it perfectly.
It comes with a superb mechanism that allows you to fold it inwards to a small size that can fit a shoulder carry bag, which by the way, is included in the package.
The polyester canvas fabric used on the seat is non-tear and the middle has a breathable mesh that keeps air well circulating.
A perfect partner for long drives, camping, and backyard resting. It comes with a side pouch that can keep your valuables together.
- It is made of steel frames. The armrests are dual steel framed and covered with polyester canvas.
- A heavy duty seat with a width of 24 inches, 17 inches deep and 24 inches high with a comfy headrest.
- This chair folds inwards for easy storage and comes with a shoulder carry bag.
- It can hold a maximum weight of 400 pounds.
- It does not have a cup holder.
4. Kijaro Portable Camping Chair
If you are looking for a camping chair that does not sag when you sit on it then Kijaro Portable Camping Chair is your best bet. Made from durable polyester canvas, you are assured of an upright seating.
It can support 400 pounds of weight without sinking. The sturdy steel frames on it keep you stabilized with its dual lock mechanism. One lock opens it for stability while the other lock closes it (folding) for portability.
A perfect sports spectating chair that has dual cup holders on each of its armrests.
A remarkable organizing pocket is sewn on the side with a breathable mesh additional pocket attached to it.
Storage is easy as this 11 pounds chair folds into a small portable size. It also comes in eight vibrant colors to choose from.
- It has a smart dual push button lock mechanism.
- The dual armrests have a mesh cup holder on each side.
- An organizing pocket is sewn on the side with a mesh pocket on it.
- It can hold 400 pounds of human weight without sagging.
- The tight seating area can be stiff for some users.
5. Ming’s Mark Stylish Camping Chair
If you are a fashion conscious person and you want to make a statement while outdoors, Ming’s Mark Stylish Camping Chair is the way to go.
This stylish chair comes in a vibrant burgundy color that will make you stand out.
As if the brilliant color is not enough for a fashion statement, the manufacturer makes a side table attached to it, and a cup holder drilled on it.
The seat material is made from an 801D nylon fabric that is padded enough at the headrest area and it does not tear.
The aluminum frames make it lightweight but sturdy. Weighing less than 12pounds, it can support 350 pounds of weight.
An easy to clean chair that is 5inches deep, 5 inches wide and 5 inches high.
- A stylish burgundy colored chair that stands out in a crowd.
- It has a side table with a cup holder drilled onto it.
- Aluminum frames make it lightweight.
- The seat is made from 801D nylon material that is easy to clean.
- The decorum makes it a bit pricey.
6. GCI Outdoor Freestyle Chair
If you are looking for a modern rocking chair, GCI Outdoor Freestyle Chair is the way to go. It has a cup or bottle holder attached to it.
This cool heavy duty camping chair has a carry handle that entails an easy to fold technology that allows you to fold and carry the flat chair.
It is made from powder coated steel alloy. This makes it durable, strong and can hold a maximum weight of 250 pounds.
It comes in both Cinnamon and Indigo colors with a touch of grey on the hems and the middle. The steel armrests are covered with polyester canvas that is soft on your arms.
This strong and beautifully crafted chair can support a 250pound person without collapsing. It stands tall with 17 inches and weighs about 12 pounds.
- It has a rocking technology that allows you to rock yourself when outdoors.
- The easy fold technology allows you to fold, store, and carry the chair with ease.
- The frames are made from a powde rcoated steel alloy.
- The maximum weight allowed on it is 250 pounds.
- It looks bulky and does not fold completely.
7. Coleman BigNTall Quad Camping Chair
If you are looking for a big and tall chair, we’ve got you covered. Sporting a cup holder on one armrest and a waterproofed smart phone pouch on the other.
Weighing less than twelve pounds, Coleman Big-N-Tall Quad Camping Chair can perfectly fit any tall person. It is 24 inches wide and 19 inches high.
It is made from a durable, water resistant, and tear proof polyester canvas. It comes with a one year warranty.
Since the fabric is water resistant, the manufacturer has made the seating area a bit lose so that it can drain off the water in case the rain pours.
This chair supports an overwhelming 600 pounds weight. Two kids can sit on it with ease. The legs are crossed to give the ultimate stability.
- It has steel frames that can support a maximum weight of about 600 pounds.
- It is an oversized and heavy duty chair that weighs less than 12 pounds.
- The polyester canvas on it is water resistant.
- It comes in two colors to choose from. A blue and Topo print color.
- The armrests should have been well padded to avoid the steel frame feel.
8. Earth Executive Tall Directors Chair
Are you looking for a chair that can fit tall people perfectly? Then look no further.
Earth Executive Tall Directors Chair is your best bet. At 31 inches off the ground, this seat will accommodate anyone with long legs.
Made from a 600D polyester canvas, this fabric is water and tear resistant.
The frames are made of aluminum which is lightweight but can hold a 375 pound person with ultimate stability. It can easily fold to a portable size.
It comes with a side table attached to it and a cup holder drilled on the table. Your comfort is greatly checked with padded armrests and a raised footrest.
This eight pound chair comes with a side pocket and a carry bag for storage. The manufacturer adds a one year tag to it. You have nothing to lose.
- A 31 inches tall chair for tall people.
- A footrest and padded armrest punctuate your comfort.
- Aluminum frames make the chair lightweight at eight pounds.
- The package includes a carry bag and a classy side table attached to it.
- It looks too bulky and it cannot be carried around.
How To Choose Best Heavy Duty Camping Chair
Do you want to get the best heavy duty chair that will serve you in all of your outdoor activities? Here are some of the characteristics to check out before making your ultimate purchase.
Durability is measured by the stability of the frames. Steel frames are heavy but are bound to last longer than aluminum ones. Frames hold the entire weight of the person sitting on it, it is therefore important to get the best material.
Padding and comfort are a must have especially on tension prone areas of your body like the armrest, headrest, and the seating area.
The Fabric used on the chair should withstand harsh weather conditions like rain, sun without withering away. Polyester canvas is bound to stick with you for long as it is water and tear resistant.
The headrest should have more padding in it as you are bound to shift sitting positions as you please. The padding acts like support to your head when you sit tilting backward.
Extra Features adds value to your chair while making your comfort more enjoyable. Having a cup holder and a table ensures that you have your drinks within your reach. An organizing pocket or pouch ensures that your phone and other valuables are kept in one place.
Portability from your car to your venue should not be tasking. Most of these chairs weigh over nine pounds and are not recommended for hiking or backpacking. They are best used in camping as all your gears will be packed in your car trunk.
Maintenance and care will ensure that your camping chair sees many more camping days ahead. Store your chair after it is completely dried to avoid bad odors and molds.
Cleaning need not be a hustle, just wipe off the dirt with a wet cloth and leave it out to dry.
Airing the chair’s fabric more often will give it a sparkle if you do not intend to use it frequently.
An insulated pouch attached to the chair may save you loads of weight by carrying a cooler. These extra features go a long way in making camping life easier and enjoyable.
Your comfort should top in your purchase list. You do not want a stiff chair that will send you to the doctors the next day. An all padded chair will do a better job if you are vacationing for longer periods. Most of these chairs are not pricey but they come in different vibrant colors. Have a fun filled camping time, won’t you?
Leave a Reply