After a long and tiring day at work or in the scorching sun, there is only one thing that you need when you get home. That is a hot shower, a soak in the tub or a cool steam bath in your Jacuzzi. There is nothing more revitalizing than that. The steam helps unclog your pores and promotes blood circulation. But why should you unclog the pores and improve blood circulation in your body while your bathroom is getting damaged due to poor ventilation? The same water that cleanses your skin and the steam that leaves you feeling refreshed can also spell doom for your bathroom. This concentrated moisture that is left unchecked will remain in the house and can eventually lead to mold and mildew growth. It can leave irritating marks on your glass shower enclosure and other surfaces in your bathroom. Not only will the presence of these organisms make your bathroom look damp and ugly, but they can also pose a risk to your health.
You need a bathroom exhaust fan. These fans are designed to remove moisture from the air and drain it outside through the duct.
They can be fixed in homes, hotels, and other commercial buildings. They will do more than eliminate moist air from your bathroom. They will provide illumination, and sometimes, heating.
With a good bathroom exhaust fan, you can ensure good ventilation, improve airflow and reduce excess humidity in your bathroom interiors.
If you want to maintain a healthy air quality in your bathroom and avoid mildew issues, a good exhaust fan is necessary. As a homeowner, you have unlimited options when it comes to bathroom fans.
In this article, we will review some of the widely used bathroom fans that will perfectly suit your preference.
1. Panasonic FV-08-11VF5 WhisperFitEZ Fan 80 or 110 CFM
Usually, after having a warm bath, you will detect warm moisture forming in your bathroom. This moisture then builds mildews and molds in your wall, in your shower stall or bathroom mirror. This warm humidity has a damaging effect, thus making the use of your bathroom and the quality of moist become uncomfortable.
Therefore, you will need proper ventilation. Bathroom ventilations are manufactured to clear the moisture from the air and exhale it out through the duct. The Panasonic WhisperFitEZ ventilation fan is a great choice.
It can be fitted perfectly in a 2×6 feet size of a room with a 4-inch duct perfect for a modernized bathroom or remodeled structure. A Pick-A-Flow speed selector allows you to select an airflow speed of 80 CFM or 110 CFM. You can smoothly go between 80 and 110 CFM with a flip of a switch.
This fan delivers excellent performance and is extremely quiet. You’ll barely know it’s running. It is Energy Star certified and comes with a 3-year warranty on parts.
You do not have to worry about its durability. The motors are less likely to overheat and result in motor failure due to an overload of power or circuit failure. The engine is equipped with a thermal-cutoff fuse to prevent it from getting damaged.
Safely ventilate bathrooms 100 square feet or less with Energy Star rated
With Panasonic WhisperFitEZ fan, you are assured of proper ventilation, improve airflow, and reduce excess humidity in your bathroom interiors.
- Suitable l for remodeling and hotel new construction or renovation
- Pick-A-Flow Speed Selector, one fan, choose the CFM (80 or 110) depending on your room’s size.
- Flex-Z Fast bracket enables fast, flexible, easy installation
- Detachable installation adapter provides even greater flexibility
- Low profile housing design fits in 2 x 6 constructions
- It has a 4″ duct with 3″ duct adapter included
- UL listed for tub/shower enclosure when GFCI protected
- 3-year warranty on parts
- It has been verified to operate at peak efficiency, helping to earn it an Energy Star rating.
- Enclosed Motor: The fully attached condenser motor and Sirocco blower add to its effectiveness and circulate air throughout the space.
- Quiet Operation: Even at its highest speed, it’s only one sone or about as loud as quiet background noise.
- Quiet Operation
- Operates at less than 1.5 sones
- 2-speeds available
- Energy Star certified
- It is equipped with a motion sensor.
- It is ENERGY STAR Certified for greater efficiency and savings.
- Not easy to install.
- The light bulb is not included.
2. Broan Sensonic Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker, ENERGY STAR Certified, 1.0 Sones, 110 CFM, White
Odors, mildews, and molds are very uncomfortable organisms you see in your bathroom. This is caused by un exhaled warm moisture that infiltrates the room due to poor ventilation. It would be best if you had a bathroom exhaust fan from removing such.
For the best bathroom exhaust fan, Broan Sensonic Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Bluetooth Speaker will provide you with the best bathing experience with entertainment.
This device is designed with high fidelity dual Sensonic speakers with Bluetooth wireless technology that saturates your room with rich sound from above with privacy at the touch of a button.
This exhaust fan gets rid of odors, reduces humidity, illuminates your bathroom day and night, and heats your cube to ensure that you won’t freeze as you use it.
It measures 16.75×10.63 inches with a moderate and modern design that perfectly blend in any bathroom deco with a recommended room size of 105 square feet.
Broan Sensonic Bathroom Exhaust Fan is a low noise performer that operates quietly at 1.0 sone, keeping your background music minimized.
The speaker is covered behind Polymeric grill that is easily removable for regular cleaning and maintenance, thus giving the appearance of a standard bathroom fan.
Another unique attribute about this fan is, it is energy efficient. Its motor is Energy Star certified, thus uses less energy than most standard bathroom exhaust fans.
One of the most significant features that were well considered in this exhaust fan is its 110 CFM
(cubic feet per minute) which tells you how powerful the fan is and how much air it will exhaust in one minute.
The duct of this device is 4 inches and the mounting opening measures11 ½ inches x 10 ¼ inches. So once the ventilation fan is turned on, and the device recognizes your Smartphone, your bathroom is kept well-ventilated and, at the same time gives you a pleasant time as you do your daily bathroom activities.
- Fan combo Exhaust fan with built-in Bluetooth Dual High-Fidelity Sensonic Speakers powerful enough for rooms (including the bathroom) up to 105 sq. Ft.
- Wireless stereo: Brilliant audio performance concealed behind your fan grille allows audio through most Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Easy installation: Easy to install and replace the existing product for DIY’ers.
- Reliable: Motor engineered for continuous operation at 1.0 Sones and 110 CFM for your convenience
- Safe: this energy star qualified fan is UL listed for use over bathtub or shower when installed with a GFCI protected branch circuit. Type IC for use in direct contact with thermal insulation
- Sensonic SPK110 Speaker Fan 110 CFM 1.0 Sones with Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- 26-Gauge, galvanized with white polymeric grille finish – is sturdy, durable, and ideal for most decor types.
- Plug-in, permanently lubricated motor – that is designed to operate continuously.
- At the touch of a button, Enjoy Entertainment and Privacy
- Airflow capacity of 110 CFM
- Relatively silent in operation with a Noise level of 1.0 Sones
- Energy-star certified
- 2-in-1 ceiling speaker/fan combo
- Eliminates odor and humidity
- High-fidelity speakers give you crisp, clean sound
- Recommended room size: 105 square feet
- It has a heater which makes taking a bath or showering more comfortable.
- Dual high-fidelity Bluetooth speakers
- 3-year warranty
- It doesn’t come with a light bulb.
- Speaker can’t be used without operating the fan.
3. Hunter 83002 Ventilation Sona Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Light, Imperial Bronze (Bathroom Vent
Excess moisture and humidity build-up in your bathroom create a dump and dull environment. A healthier environment gives you pleasure and peace of mind. More so when you want to have a warm steam bath in your tub or Jacuzzi.
Concentrated steam in an enclosed room with no proper ventilation harbors molds and mildews that damage the paint, décor, and ceiling in your bathroom.
If you want a bath fan that is both fashionable and efficient, the Hunter 83002 Sona Bath is a decent choice. It is highly effective in removing excess moisture and unwanted odors while maintaining the internal structure, including ceilings, paints, wallpapers, and baseboards.
Hunter Ventilation Sona Exhaust Fan is energy-efficient, lightweight, and features an elegant cased glass with classic flowing scrollwork with a neat bronze finish.
This exhaust fan with cased glass improves airflow and removes excess moisture from your home. It will be perfect for day and night use, especially if you have a small bathroom that needs some cool addition.
Because of its high efficiency and energy saving ability, it is certified with the ENERGY STAR certification.
The device comes with two bulb lights along with a separate night light that has soft LED lights. When switched on at night, this dim light won’t upset other sleeping in the room
With its 110 CFMs, the fan offers unrestricted airflow that promises to fluff up all the germs and toxins from the air in a flash.
It has a Four-inch duct diameter, and housing is 8.9 L x 9.7 W x 7.4 H inches that deliver excellent performance.
Besides, this unit can act much-like a night light to give the soft lighting to the bath or shower room. It accepts 2-A15 60W bulbs, and its cover arena is 15 inches in diameter. With its glass cover that is easy to remove, re-lamping, and cleaning, it will not be a task. Installing it is easy too.
For proper ventilation, your bathroom should measure up to 105 square feet.
For users who desire to get rid of damp air and cut back the growth of mold and mildew while adding some artistic value to your bathroom, Hunter 83002 exhaust fan is something to consider
The Sona Bathroom Fan is uniquely designed to enhance your bathroom. Some of the design features include:
- Flowing Scrollwork: The intricate design work on the glass casing is beautifully carved into the bronze fixture.
- Imperial Bronze Finish: The glass nicely offsets the bronze finish.
- Nightlight Feature: In addition to the lighting, this fixture also has a nightlight mode.
- 5-Year-Limited Warranty: Backed by the Hunter quality, this fixture comes with a 5-year-limited warranty.
- ETL Listed: Listed for use above bathtubs and showers, while meeting safety standards and compliance
- Housing Dimensions: These are 8.9 inches long by 9.7 inches wide by 7.4 inches.
- Overall Dimensions: The overall dimensions of this exhaust fan are 16.7 by 16.5 by 15 inches.
- Style: With its contemporary style, this bathroom exhaust fan blends nicely with most finishes.
- Wattage: Consuming just 159 watts, the 83002 will not dramatically increase your electric bill.
- Color: The color of this fan is Imperial Bronze. It is a unique and timeless color that takes elegance to a whole new level.
- 4-inch duct diameter
- Imperial bronze finish
- Helps lessen moisture and humidity
- Comes with cased white glass enclosure
- Suitable for large and small bathrooms
- It is easy to use
- The fan is very efficient
- Relatively easy installation; packaged with easy to follow instructions
- Useful night light feature
- High air and odor circulation of 110 CFM
- It is slightly nosier.
- The glass dome is frosted and very thick.
4. Broan-Nutone 682 Duct-Free Ventilation Fan, White Square Ceiling or Wall Exhaust Fan with Plastic Grille
It is time to say goodbye to annoying humidity, tobacco smoke, and cooking fumes with the Broan Ventilation Fan. This Broan-Nutone Duct-Free Ventilation Fan is ideal for rooms where there is insufficient air circulation, and ducting is needed.
It is easy to install the fan with torsion spring grille mounting, and it requires no tools. It needs the least amount of erection space of 2x 4 inches and can be installed for use in kitchens, laundry rooms, workshops, or bathrooms. To install, attach the mounting bracket to a beam or stud, snap the metal fan housing onto the bracket (the patented snap-in design makes it easy), wire the fan, and attach the grille (after the ceiling or wall is finished). No ductwork required.
You can also paint the white grill top to compliment your décor.
What makes Broan-Nutone Duct-Free Ventilation Fan outstanding is the fan operates quietly. It comes with a disposable, activated charcoal filter that effectively removes odors from the air that circulates through it. The duct-free ventilation fan measures 8-1/2 inches long by 8-1/2 inches wide by 8 inches high and carries a one-year limited warranty.
It also has a unique plug-in, detachable motor assembly with a polymeric impeller for efficient and robust operation.
Broan’s Duct-Free Ventilation Fan is perfect for your home.
- Patented snap-in mounting saves time and money
- Attractive, self-adjusting grille conceals fan interior
- Efficiently eliminates odors where ductwork is impossible
- Long-lasting activated charcoal filter – easy to replace
- Torsion spring grille mounting: grille is self-adjusting and requires no tools to install or remove
- White polymeric grille blends easily with many decor styles
- Steel housing for durability
- Mounts easily to framing for fast installation
- Great for use in kitchens, laundry rooms, or workshops
- The motor is easy to remove for cleaning and service
- No ductwork needed for the venting;
- Whisper quiet;
- Light weight and compact;
- Easy install and hookup;
- Perfect for small bathroom.
- The mounting bracket doesn’t fit perfectly;
- No much room available to attach it to a joist/stud with screws;
- Doesn’t move much air.
5. Broan-NuTone 688 Ceiling and Wall Ventilation Fan, 50 CFM 4.0 Sones, White Plastic Grille
Keep your room comfortable and well ventilated with Broan-NuTone 688 Ceiling and Wall Ventilation Fan. This ventilator eliminates stubborn smell and humidity that saturates your room. It is designed with a permanent plug in lubricated motor that makes it robust and gives an efficient performance.
This compact unit is easy to install. Any DIY can easily mount it on ceiling joist or wall beams. No tools needed. It has a white polymeric grille cover that can be painted to fit with your wall color and existing décor. Broan-NuTone 688 Ceiling and Wall Ventilation Fan runs on a single speed can with airflow of 50 CFM and 4.0 Sone that gives you a peaceful serenity perfect for your home.
This unit is ideal for small bathrooms, kitchen, or tub enclosure that measures up to 45 square feet as long as it is connected to a GFCI circuit. The white polymeric grill cover is detachable and can be changed with a metal grill that is bought separately.
Though this unit is not the quietest fan on the market, it is a budget-friendly choice for any remodels or new construction bathroom project. This is because they are delivering exceptional performance while keeping an affordable price tag.
- Versatile fan: This ventilation fan helps eliminate humidity, tobacco smoke, and cooking odors. Install the compact fan between ceiling joists or wall studs – wherever it’s needed most!
- Efficient: It is useful and operates on 50 cfm and has a 4. 0 sone rating that gives a peaceful serenity.
- Easy installation: Torsion springs grille mounting makes it easy to install with no tools.
- Decorative: Paintable polymeric grilles allow you to ensure the fan is complimenting your existing decor
- Grille Dimensions: 9-inch length; 9-1/4-inch width
- Housing dimensions: 7-1/4-inch length; 7-1/2-inch width; 3-5/8-inch height
- Operates at 4.0 sones
- The single-speed at 50 CFM
- Mountable on Ceiling or wall
- The motor is permanently lubricated
- 3-inch duct diameter
- Easy on your pocket- budget-friendly
- Suitable for bathrooms measuring up to 45-square-feet
- It is easy-to-install, meaning no extra installation costs from professionals.
- Not as quiet as other ventilation fans
- It is not designed to cope with larger rooms.
Bathroom Exhaust Fan Buying Guide
The main reason people install exhaust fans are to keep moisture out of their rooms.
This moisture can cause extensive damage if your room is poorly ventilated. Unchecked humidity will be a breeding ground for mold and mildew on your wall, ceiling, or even insulation.
Though these fans are not an everyday buy, they will save you time and cost of repair.
This buying guide will help you avoid slip-ups and help you make informed choices.
Some exhaust fans are noisy and loud while others operate silently. The noise levels in all kinds of appliances are measured in sones. The higher the sones rating in an appliance, the higher the noise level.
A more massive fan with larger blades can do the same job with less movement and, therefore, less noise.
Go for bathroom exhaust fans that operate quietly and don’t disturb anyone. This is a vital consideration that you will always have to see while buying a bathroom exhaust fan.
Always check the CFM (cubic feet per minute) rating on your exhaust fan. These will determine the amount of air that the fan can deal with per minute. CFM is one of the deal-breakers. You may require a higher or lower CFM depending on the size of your bathroom. Often, an exhaust fan will have a suggested size of the room that it can handle. These are calculated based on square feet
You must check on its efficient performance so that you reduce the cost of energy consumption. It must deliver exceptional performance so that you can have a comfortable experience.For this, you will have to see if it comes with Energy Star certification.
These units need installation. Some are easy for any DIY, while others will need a professional hand. Poor installation can see a bathroom exhaust fan routed to the crawlspace or up into an attic.
It must come with all the necessary hardware that gives you a quick, hassle-free installation.
Type of mounting (Inline, Ceiling or Wall Mounting)
Consider the mounting you prefer. It can either be mounted on the walls, ceiling or a beam.
Wall-mounted bathroom fan options are also prevalent, and this means you can ventilate straight outside
Inline mounting; this is when your exhaust fan is flush against the wall or ceiling of your bathroom. It can be a tough job.
A ceiling exhaust fan can mean that venting needs to go through an attic, which can lead to a bigger job.
Budgets influence every purchase and Bathroom exhaust fans can vary a lot in price
An elementary, small exhaust fan is relatively cheap. They depend on what features you require. A small wall-mounted fan may be on the lower end of the scale, but if you want a bathroom exhaust fan and light combo or an exhaust fan with a heater, it can significantly increase the price.
Bathroom Exhaust Fans with Lights
It is becoming a standard feature for bathroom exhaust fans to be sold in one unit with light. Installing these two in one fans minimizes the amount of wiring needed by having both a light and exhaust fan in the same product. This is an efficient and cost-effective way of lighting your bathroom. Many of the best exhaust fans with lights have options for dimmer, multiple hues, and replaceable bulbs
Bathroom Exhaust Fans with Heaters
There are areas in your rooms that can be difficult to heat; one of them is your bathroom. Having a bathroom heater that can quickly kick in can be very useful, and just like including light with your exhaust fan, including a heater can be an efficient use of space and electrical wiring. It means one installation for all three features, which can save money.
As well as heaters and lighting units, bathroom exhausts can include other unique features such as;
There are bathroom fans that come with Bluetooth speakers and work from a distance of up to 10 meters from your device. So you don’t even have to take your phone or tablet into the bathroom. They are waterproof and have a grill that prevents moisture from getting into it.
Fans with motion sensors are becoming more popular. It means the fan can come on automatically when you enter the room and turn itself off after a period of inactivity once you have left.
Some companies have also started to include Humidity sensors into some of the more elite bathroom exhaust fans. This way, when the humidity reaches a certain level, the fan will kick in. When it drops below a certain level, the exhaust fan will stop.
Others can come with LEDs that offer illumination.
It will be helpful if you consider one that incorporates multiple features to make the maximum out of it. However, high-end features will let you spend more from your pocket.
A bathroom fan is not the most interesting thing to buy; however, it is an essential thing to purchase if you want good ventilation.
When a bathroom isn’t well ventilated, staying in it for long will become uncomfortable, unhealthy and in the long run, it will become a breeding ground for mold and mildew growth.
We hope that this product review has given you enough insight and details that will help you make an informed decision on a bathroom fan.
Once you have found a product you like, confirm you have enough cash to purchase, and enough electrical power and installation space in your bathroom; and enjoy your new bathroom fan!