People who like to cook, or even people who don’t like to cook, are always looking for ways to make cooking easier. With traditional gas or electric stovetops, there’s not much you can do to make your cooking experience an easier one. That’s why more people are trying induction cooktop to make life in the kitchen easier and more convenient. If you’ve never used an induction cooktop before, then continue reading so you won’t be missing out anymore!
What Exactly is an Induction Cooktop?
When you cook on an electric or gas stovetop, the heat is transferred from the source to the cookware. With induction cooking, the heat is generated from the cookware itself, which provides a lot of benefits that we will get into later. Basically, an induction cooktop is an electromagnet that generates electromagnetism under the surface of the ceramic cooktop. When a pot with a magnetic bottom is placed on the surface, energy is transferred to the metal, which causes it to heat up. You can control the amount of heat by adjusting the electromagnetic strength on the cooktop itself.
As you can imagine, there are many benefits to cooking with induction cooktops. Now that you know what it is and how it works, you can learn more about how it could benefit you.
Ways Induction Cooktop Can Help People
The ability to control the exact temperature of the heat helps people because they won’t have to worry about burning their food. Induction cooktops help busy people minimize their time in the kitchen because of the specific controls they have.
Many induction cooktop can reduce the amount of time it takes to boil water in half. Some of them also have a “keep warm” setting, so you can keep your cooked food warm until you’re ready to eat it, without having to worry about burning it.
People with kids also appreciate the fact that induction cooktops will cool almost instantly once a pot is removed, so their kids won’t accidentally burn themselves. There are many other safety features that also help people stay safe in the kitchen.
Why Do People Use Induction Cooktop?
Your reason for using an induction cooktop may be different from someone else’s. In general, people use induction cooktops because they are easier and safer to work with overall.
There are a lot of portable induction cooktop that people like to try out. These are great because you can use them indoors or outdoors, as long as you have an electrical outlet nearby.
If you like to cook several things on your stovetop at once, then having a portable cooktop is convenient to have right next to your main stove. It will clear a little space and reduce the amount of times that you have to reach over a hot burner.
There are also bigger induction cooktops that are designed to replace the gas or electric stovetop in your home. Most people who have used a portable induction cooktop have considered switching to induction cooking as their permanent way to cook. These are generally pretty expensive, but not many people have regretted making the switch.
Advantages of Induction Cooktops
Anyone who has used an induction cooktop before will tell you that there are many more advantages than disadvantages. Here are some of the main advantages of using induction cooktops:
- Temperature Control – with just a press of a button, you can set the temperature on your induction cooktop to whatever you need. This is particularly beneficial if you are cooking something that could easily burn. It’s also great for cooking evenly, especially when frying, so your food will be cooked perfectly every time.
- Saves Energy – there is no wasted heat when you use an induction cooktop. Since the energy is only transferred when a compatible piece of cookware is placed on it, you won’t have to worry about wasting energy. All of this means that you won’t heat up your entire house when using the stove, and the cooktop will be cooled almost instantly when the cookware is removed.
- Safety Features – cooking has never been safer with induction cooktops. Since the cooktop only heats where the pot is sitting, then you won’t burn yourself if you accidentally touch any part of the stove. Many models also have features that help prevent you from boiling over water and other accidents that could be disastrous with gas or electric stovetops.
- Easy to Clean – cleaning an induction cooktop is much easier than gas or electric stoves. Most of the time you won’t have to scrub or use any cleaning products. Just a simple wipe with a paper towel will clean it generally.
Disadvantages of Induction Cooktops
Any product has disadvantages, and induction cooktops are no different. These can easily be overcome, but we still wanted to point out some common complaints.
- Cookware – you have to use cookware with a magnetic bottom in order for induction cooktops to work. Most cast-iron pots and pans will work, and you may even have some cookware in your kitchen currently that will work. There is also specific cookware that’s made for induction cooktop, so be sure and use the right equipment to avoid frustrations.
- Noise – induction cooktop are generally noisier than gas or electric stovetops, mostly because the way heat is created. Most people don’t mind the additional noise because it’s not extremely distracting, but it is something you will definitely notice when using one.
- Price – portable induction cooktops are reasonable, but many full size models can get quite expensive. Again, people don’t have many complaints about the price after they use them, though.
Induction cooktops only heat up where the cookware is sitting. This is the main safety feature that people love. You will never have to worry about burning yourself accidentally on the cooktop, because it cools almost instantly when the pot is removed.
Another near safety feature is that many induction cooktops will turn off if water spills on them. So if you forget about a pot of water boiling, then you won’t have to worry about completely boiling it dry, because the heat will turn off automatically.
If you clean your induction cooktop after every use, then you won’t have to worry about building up grime on the surface. Generally, a damp paper towel or washcloth will easily clean your cooktop if you clean it regularly.
sometimes, there will be times that a paper towel won’t get the job done. In order to avoid scratching the surface, you may consider purchasing cleaners that are made specifically to clean these types of surfaces. This is a pretty good option to consider, as well as this one.
So now that you know what an induction cooktop is, how it’s used, and how it could benefit you, you should be able to make an informed purchase. There are several different brands and models of induction cooktops, but the majority of them have similar features. One thing for certain is that you won’t regret making the switch to induction cooking!
Leave a Reply