Whether you are remodeling your kitchen or planning for the construction of a new home, there are numerous decisions that you need to take care of. The decision for getting the right type of Cooktop is one of the most important ones. For years, people have been habitual of cooking on those traditional gas stovetops and electric ones. However, today, induction cooktops have also become available all across the globe.
Let compare induction cooktop vs gas with me !
In addition to gas and electric stovetops, the third option – induction cooktops have now become the most efficient. Although these three choices are available but majority of people get confused about what to choose when it comes to getting one installed in their kitchen. Here we will discuss a couple of things regarding induction cooktop vs gas briefly to give you a better idea of what to choose and what would suit you the best.
Gas Cooktop: It is a traditional stovetop available globally that makes use of LPG or PNG for burning the flame to cook food in the utensil.
Induction Cooktop: It has also become available worldwide and utilizes the combination of electricity as well as the magnetic property of steel for cooking the food in the utensil.
According to universal research, it has been studied that the gas stoves are only 40% efficient whereas the induction cooktops have proved their efficiency to as much as 85%, which is more than double in contrast to the other one.
Let us now discuss induction cooktop vs gas by going through their pros and cons:
- They are a pure no-nonsense solutions for cooking
- Instant heat is generated to cook the food
- Temperature can be controlled easily and instantly
- Every shape of utensil can be used for cooking
- Manual knobs are installed and are convenient to be used by majority of individuals
- No worries for repairing or replacing of the touch controls
- They are a cheap alternative in contrast to induction cooktops
- They are a bit tricky to clean. Many people report scratched surfaces
- Heats up the surroundings as well
- Wastage of energy is higher as compared to the other cooktops
- A naked flame is dangerous most of the times and can even result in causing burns
- CO2 is produced through flames
- Cannot be used when ceiling fans are turned on
- Less efficient in centrally air conditioned premises
- Kitchen does not look aesthetically appealing with these traditional stovetops
- Do not heat the surface
- Heat transfer is stopped instantly when the utensil is removed
- Cooking is quicker as compared to the other setups available
- Energy used for cooking is relatively much economical
- A lot more safe and convenient to use
- The surface gets cooled right away when the cooking is stopped
- The cooking temperature is digitally displayed
- If considering the aesthetic appeals of your kitchen, induction cooktops work wonders
- Cleaning is effortless and absolutely hassle free
- Utensils mandatorily with flat bottoms can only be used for cooking. So, you need to be very careful while choosing the cookware, which is limited to a flat bottom iron and steel products only
- Depending upon the geographical location you are residing in, electricity comes out to be an expensive affair to be utilized for cooking purpose
- A power cut will stop your cooking right away
- Induction cooktops are not efficient to cook a number of foods
- Cooking gets hampered in case of inadequate power supply too
- The setup is usually expensive than traditional stovetops
So, induction cooktop vs gas, these aforementioned pros, and cons of both the setups would surely let you choose the best suitable equipment for your kitchen. Remember, a huge range of induction cooktops is available these days and some of the above mentioned points might not be the same, depending upon the product model you purchase.
You can perform gentle market research and check out the options available to you whether you wish to opt for the gas or induction stovetop for your kitchen.