The process of buying an induction cooktop can be a big decision. This is putting the huge price tag and select compatible cookware into consideration. Therefore, you will want to know that you are making a choice that is wise. The same applies to the process of buying pans and pots for induction cooktops. If you have got an induction cooktop at hand, you will also need to use pans and pots for induction cooktops (which are made of ferrous metal).
Whereas the information about induction cooktops is pretty obvious, you will be surprised that most people get confused when purchasing cookware for this type of cooking. Some end up buying aluminum and ceramic materials that are not supported. You should keep back in your mind that induction cookware prices range between $50 and $300 depending on their sizes, shapes, the material used, and quality.
Cookware Specifically Made to Induction:
The fundamental thing to consider is that, induction entails the production of magnetic fields by the help of electric current. Due to the way in which induction heat is produced, your cooking pans and pots will have to be made from some ferrous materials. Therefore, the cookware should contain iron or other materials which are magnetic in order to work on your cooktops. It is the first thing to consider when buying induction cookware.
You can also check if your current cookware can be supported by the induction cooktop by the help of a kitchen magnet. Simply test each cookware (pots and pans) by placing the magnet on their underneath surfaces. If the magnet stick on the surface, the cookware will be supported. What if it doesn’t stick to all the cookware? Well, don’t worry, you will just go ahead, and buy supported pots and pans by following the subsequent steps.
Shapes and Sizes for Induction Cookware:
As opposed to the traditional electric and gas cooktops, induction cooktops have got very smooth surfaces which are made of ceramic. Therefore, your cookware (pots and pans) should also have a flat surface for you to have an even cooking. The size of the cookware should also be relatively similar to that of your cooktop. It shouldn’t be too large, something that can result to uneven cooking.
What Else To Put Into Consideration:
After doing the magnetic test (while buying) and checking the shape and size of the pots and pans, you can now check the quality (maybe user reviews) and other factors like warranty. With this, you are set to make your purchase.
In case you are not ready to part ways with your current cookware that is not supported by induction cooktops, you can consider purchasing an induction disc. The magnetic disc comes in different sizes, and therefore, you should select the size that perfectly fits your induction cooktop. With the disc, you can use any type of cookware including aluminum and ceramic. Although, you should keep back in your mind that the efficiency of the cooktop will be reduced slightly because the heat is first transferred to the disc and then to the pan.
You can check the top three Pots and Pans for Induction Cooktops sold on Amazon：
- Beginner chefs and kitchen pros, nonstick cookware set is the kind of set you come to love. Our high quality, non toxic PTFE and PFOA free aluminum pots with non stick coating will pan out delectable results. Cooks evenly and cleans easily, its design will look pretty in the sink as well.
- There's a recipe, there are ingredients and there's a pot. This nonstick pots and pans set will set the tradition for your family favorites. What's in the pot? Be it a cheese casserole, marinated lamb chops, or a winter meat stew, no matter the dish, it's always delish when it's cooked in a pot.
- From the freezer to the oven, to your stove top, our pots can take the heat (and cold) pots and pans are oven safe (350 degrees Fahrenheit), freezer safe and dishwasher safe. Pots are suitable for all cooking sources, electric, gas, infrared, induction stoves, and glass and ceramic cook tops. Lifetime limited warranty.
- ALL SET FOR COOKING - Set Includes 11 Pieces: 11 inches Wok with Lid, 9.45 inches Casserole with Lid, 9.45 inches Frying Pan (Deep), 11 inches Frying Pan (Deep). Pot Handles are ergonomically shaped and are coated with an anti-slip satin finish. Don't mind the heat, your food's boiling up inside while the handle stays cool allowing you cool handling. Includes 5 BPA free Nylon cooking utensils: potato masher, soup ladle, slotted spoon, slotted turner and pasta fork.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT - We at offer top grade-A quality products, backed by top of the line customer service. Our 1-Year No Questions Asked Warranty Policy (Which You Won't Get With Other Brands), is our "can't go wrong guarantee." If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service agents. Your satisfaction is our guarantee.
- Set includes 8-inch, 10-inch fry pan; 1. 6-Quart and 3-quart Covered saucepan; 6-1/2-quart saucepot with cover; 6. 6" Pot holder
- Whole-clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel construction eliminates hot spots and ensures even heat distribution along the bottom and side walls of the cookware
- Stay-cool stainless-steel perfect-grip handle riveted to the pan
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe to 550 degrees F; freezer-safe for food storage
- Lifetime Limited ; works on induction, electric plate, Radiant, ceramic, halogen and gas stove
- POTS AND PANS SET INCLUDES: 1-Quart Pouring Saucepan, 2-Quart and 3-Quart Saucepans with Lids, 8-Quart Stockpot with Lid, 8.5-Inch and 10-Inch Frying Pan, 3-Quart Sauté Pan with Lid
- DURABLE, HARD ANODIZED COOKWARE SET: Heavy gauge hard-anodized aluminum construction is twice as hard as stainless steel for long lasting durability and fast, even-heating performance
- PREMIUM NONSTICK COOKWARE: Metal utensil safe pot and pan interiors features the TOTAL Nonstick System of raised circles and triple layer, premium quality nonstick for long-lasting food release and easy cleanup
- DESIGNED FOR VERSATILITY: Stainless steel cookware handles are wrapped in silicone for a comfortable grasp and are oven safe to 400°F
- DISHWASHER SAFE COOKING SET: Pots and pans are conveniently dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleanup