The process of buying an induction cooktop can be a big decision. This is putting the huge price tag and select compatible cookware into consideration. Therefore, you will want to know that you are making a choice that is wise. The same applies to the process of buying pans and pots for induction cooktops. If you have got an induction cooktop at hand, you will also need to use pans and pots for induction cooktops (which are made of ferrous metal).
Whereas the information about induction cooktops is pretty obvious, you will be surprised that most people get confused when purchasing cookware for this type of cooking. Some end up buying aluminum and ceramic materials that are not supported. You should keep back in your mind that induction cookware prices range between $50 and $300 depending on their sizes, shapes, the material used, and quality.
Cookware Specifically Made to Induction:
The fundamental thing to consider is that, induction entails the production of magnetic fields by the help of electric current. Due to the way in which induction heat is produced, your cooking pans and pots will have to be made from some ferrous materials. Therefore, the cookware should contain iron or other materials which are magnetic in order to work on your cooktops. It is the first thing to consider when buying induction cookware.
You can also check if your current cookware can be supported by the induction cooktop by the help of a kitchen magnet. Simply test each cookware (pots and pans) by placing the magnet on their underneath surfaces. If the magnet stick on the surface, the cookware will be supported. What if it doesn’t stick to all the cookware? Well, don’t worry, you will just go ahead, and buy supported pots and pans by following the subsequent steps.
Shapes and Sizes for Induction Cookware:
As opposed to the traditional electric and gas cooktops, induction cooktops have got very smooth surfaces which are made of ceramic. Therefore, your cookware (pots and pans) should also have a flat surface for you to have an even cooking. The size of the cookware should also be relatively similar to that of your cooktop. It shouldn’t be too large, something that can result to uneven cooking.
What Else To Put Into Consideration:
After doing the magnetic test (while buying) and checking the shape and size of the pots and pans, you can now check the quality (maybe user reviews) and other factors like warranty. With this, you are set to make your purchase.
In case you are not ready to part ways with your current cookware that is not supported by induction cooktops, you can consider purchasing an induction disc. The magnetic disc comes in different sizes, and therefore, you should select the size that perfectly fits your induction cooktop. With the disc, you can use any type of cookware including aluminum and ceramic. Although, you should keep back in your mind that the efficiency of the cooktop will be reduced slightly because the heat is first transferred to the disc and then to the pan.
You can check the top three Pots and Pans for Induction Cooktops sold on Amazon：
- 🎁【MULTI-FUNCTIONAL SET FOR ALL FAMILY】The HITECLIFE Cookware Set includes 8" and 9.5" Frying Pan, 9.5"/3.5QT Saute Pan with lid, 1.5QT Saucepan with lid, 2.5QT Saucepan with lid, 6QT Stock Pot with lid. Made of high-quality pressed aluminum, elegant and stylish. Superior durability and anti-rust performance, not easy to deform. All our pots and pans have gone through strict checks before shipping out.
- 🎄【TRIPLE LAYER HEALTHY NON-STICK】The outstanding nonstick coating is Chemours Teflon Platinum, which shows exceptional nonstick properties. Superb durability and outstanding wear resistance. 100% NO toxic chemicals like PFOA, PFOS. Ideal for cooking with less oil. Quick cleaning with coveted ease, saving time and water.
- 🎁【CUTTING-EDGE ALUMINUM BODY】Using exquisite workmanship for quick and even heating. Its energy-saving efficiency is as three times as cast iron. The outer surface is coated with black high-temperature resistant paint. Excellent hardness and scratch resistance. The flat stainless steel compound bottom works well on any stoves including gas, electric, and induction.
- 🎄【ERGONOMIC HANDLE & VENTED GLASS LID】Specially designed with the stylish stainless steel handle, which is reinforced and joined securely by two firm rivets. Polished and bright, easy to clean. The hanging hole on handle is designed for hanging storage. Comfortable to hold and stay cool feel when cooking. Through the heat resistant glass lid, the food is easily viewed when cooking.
- 🎁【TIPS】Oven safe up to 450°F. Do not put the lid into oven. Dishwasher safe yet hand wash is recommended. 1 year Worry-free After-sale Service and 30-day MONEY BACK: we are committed to higher satisfaction. Please feel free to contact us if there is any question, and we will respond within 24 hours.
- 5 Pieces Set: The collection includes 8inch Fry Pan, 1.5qt. Saucepan with Lid and 2.5qt. Saucepan with Lid, satisfying different needs for cooking. Put a paper towel or handkerchief between the pans when stacking.
- Non - Stick Surface: allows for lower - fat cooking options, Less oil or butter needed. Moreover, the nonstick coating help food slide right off the pan.
- Heat Distribution:The cookware set adopts aluminum to provide quick and even heat distribution.
- Cooking Ways: Fry pan - Perfect for fry, stir fry, grill, roast, steam, sauce, ect. Saucepan - Perfect for sauces, soups, stews, pasta, chili, roasts. The silicone cooking utensils is perfect for using with your non-stick kitchenware. Suitable for 2-3 person meal.
- Induction Bottom: Works on gas, electric, induction, and ceramic glass.
- 8 Piece Pots and Pans Sets: REDMOND nonstick cookware set contains 8.2-inch open fry pan, 10-inch open fry pan, 1.5-quart sauce pan with lid, 2.5-quart casserole with lid, and 5-quart casserole with lid used for your daily cooking
- Eco-friendly Ceramic Nonstick Coating: The pots are made of 2-Layer nonstick coating manufactured without PFAS and PFOA. Easy to flip food and clean up. Just require less oil or butter to cook and there is less fumes than iron skillet when cooking
- Stay-cool Handle & Visible Glass Lid: The stainless steel handle is stable and good for heat dissipation. Lids are made of heat-resistant & shatter-resistant tempered glass. You can watch your meal cooking progress. The lid handle also can stand up during cooking for easy storage
- Fast & Even Heating: Nonstick cookware pots and pans set are made of high grade aluminum alloy and stainless steel base for even & fast heating. 360 degrees heat uniform, the cooking effect is better than ordinary aluminum pot
- Usage & Care – The pan and pot sets are suitable for all stove tops like gas, electric, halogen, ceramic or induction cooktop. This cookware set (exclude lid) is oven safe up to 500℉/260℃ and dishwasher safe