The process of buying an induction cooktop can be a big decision. This is putting the huge price tag and select compatible cookware into consideration. Therefore, you will want to know that you are making a choice that is wise. The same applies to the process of buying pans and pots for induction cooktops. If you have got an induction cooktop at hand, you will also need to use pans and pots for induction cooktops (which are made of ferrous metal).
Whereas the information about induction cooktops is pretty obvious, you will be surprised that most people get confused when purchasing cookware for this type of cooking. Some end up buying aluminum and ceramic materials that are not supported. You should keep back in your mind that induction cookware prices range between $50 and $300 depending on their sizes, shapes, the material used, and quality.
Cookware Specifically Made to Induction:
The fundamental thing to consider is that, induction entails the production of magnetic fields by the help of electric current. Due to the way in which induction heat is produced, your cooking pans and pots will have to be made from some ferrous materials. Therefore, the cookware should contain iron or other materials which are magnetic in order to work on your cooktops. It is the first thing to consider when buying induction cookware.
You can also check if your current cookware can be supported by the induction cooktop by the help of a kitchen magnet. Simply test each cookware (pots and pans) by placing the magnet on their underneath surfaces. If the magnet stick on the surface, the cookware will be supported. What if it doesn’t stick to all the cookware? Well, don’t worry, you will just go ahead, and buy supported pots and pans by following the subsequent steps.
Shapes and Sizes for Induction Cookware:
As opposed to the traditional electric and gas cooktops, induction cooktops have got very smooth surfaces which are made of ceramic. Therefore, your cookware (pots and pans) should also have a flat surface for you to have an even cooking. The size of the cookware should also be relatively similar to that of your cooktop. It shouldn’t be too large, something that can result to uneven cooking.
What Else To Put Into Consideration:
After doing the magnetic test (while buying) and checking the shape and size of the pots and pans, you can now check the quality (maybe user reviews) and other factors like warranty. With this, you are set to make your purchase.
In case you are not ready to part ways with your current cookware that is not supported by induction cooktops, you can consider purchasing an induction disc. The magnetic disc comes in different sizes, and therefore, you should select the size that perfectly fits your induction cooktop. With the disc, you can use any type of cookware including aluminum and ceramic. Although, you should keep back in your mind that the efficiency of the cooktop will be reduced slightly because the heat is first transferred to the disc and then to the pan.
You can check the top three Pots and Pans for Induction Cooktops sold on Amazon：
- [Skillets Nonstick with Lids]: Pots and pans set include a 10-inch frying pan, a 10-inch saute pan and a 3 QT saucepan with lid, a perfect skillet set for your daily cooking task.
- [Oven safe up to 450°F]: Suitable for all types of cooktops, You can use this skillet on a cooktop and then put it in the oven without transferring the food to another oven-safe dish. (Do not put the lid into the oven)
- [Healthy Nonstick Coating]: 100% PTFA, PFOA, CADMIUM free, Ideal for use with little oil or butter for a healthy diet. Conduct heats quickly and evenly across the surface of the nonstick skillet set and slips onto the plate once ready.
- [Dishwasher Safe]: Spend less time with cleanup! Put the nonstick pan set into the dishwasher for a quick cleaning after finish cooking.
- [What You Get]: Gift Ideas to your lover with a healthier life. Hassle-free 30 days trial and 12 months warranty.
- ALL STOVETOP AVAILABLE: The pan set works on all stoves, including gas, induction, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, etc.; so they match with any kitchen, and accommodate your any cooking needs.
- PREMIUM NONSTICK COOKWARE: the cookware features advanced tri-ply nonstick coatings, ensuring that food slides right out of the pots and pans. Moreover, our dishwasher- safe pans makes cleanup always a breeze. Let cooking and cleaning enjoyable and simple!
- EXTRA-STURDY ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION: Made of high-grade aluminum, these pots and pans are designed for durability. Thickened gauge of 4 mm, resistant to warping and denting.
- FAST AND EVEN HEAT: With excellent heat conduction, these induction pans heat up quickly on all stove tops. Just take less time to boil water! More even heat distribution reduces hot spots that can burn foods, allowing the cooking progress more efficient.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE & VENTED LID: Dual-riveted Stainless steel handle ensures a comfortable and safe grip. After cleaning, hanging the pan to dry and store with its hanging hole, also is a convenient choice. Visible vented glass lid for clearly checking the cooking progress.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: This 2.5 quart saucepan is manufactured with food grade 304 stainless steel featuring an impact-bonded base allowing for fast and even heating.
- FEATURES: The stainless steel pot features a classic straight-sided and drip-free pouring design. Riveted to the pan is a stay-cool stainless-steel perfect-grip handle, allowing for comfortable handling during cooking. The handle design for this kitchen pot is comfortable for easy carrying and pouring. The rivets secure the handle firmly to the pan—safe and durable.
- GLASS LID: The glass lid with loop handle helps retain heat and moisture for more flavorful results—every time you cook. Easily monitor your cooking task with the clear tempered glass lid. Glass lids are used by most professional chefs in commercial kitchens.
- IDEAL CHOICE: This Duxtop cooking pot is suitable for induction, gas, electric and halogen cooktops—perfect for even the most seasoned cooks. Use it as a milk pot, boiling pot, noodle pot, soup pot, sauce pot, and more!
- GUARANTEE: This stainless steel cookware is oven-safe to 550°F (glass lid is oven safe to 400℉). Dishwasher-safe. Freezer-safe for food storage. Limited lifetime warranty as well as customer service.