The process of buying an induction cooktop can be a big decision. This is putting the huge price tag and select compatible cookware into consideration. Therefore, you will want to know that you are making a choice that is wise. The same applies to the process of buying pans and pots for induction cooktops. If you have got an induction cooktop at hand, you will also need to use pans and pots for induction cooktops (which are made of ferrous metal).
Whereas the information about induction cooktops is pretty obvious, you will be surprised that most people get confused when purchasing cookware for this type of cooking. Some end up buying aluminum and ceramic materials that are not supported. You should keep back in your mind that induction cookware prices range between $50 and $300 depending on their sizes, shapes, the material used, and quality.
Cookware Specifically Made to Induction:
The fundamental thing to consider is that, induction entails the production of magnetic fields by the help of electric current. Due to the way in which induction heat is produced, your cooking pans and pots will have to be made from some ferrous materials. Therefore, the cookware should contain iron or other materials which are magnetic in order to work on your cooktops. It is the first thing to consider when buying induction cookware.
You can also check if your current cookware can be supported by the induction cooktop by the help of a kitchen magnet. Simply test each cookware (pots and pans) by placing the magnet on their underneath surfaces. If the magnet stick on the surface, the cookware will be supported. What if it doesn’t stick to all the cookware? Well, don’t worry, you will just go ahead, and buy supported pots and pans by following the subsequent steps.
Shapes and Sizes for Induction Cookware:
As opposed to the traditional electric and gas cooktops, induction cooktops have got very smooth surfaces which are made of ceramic. Therefore, your cookware (pots and pans) should also have a flat surface for you to have an even cooking. The size of the cookware should also be relatively similar to that of your cooktop. It shouldn’t be too large, something that can result to uneven cooking.
What Else To Put Into Consideration:
After doing the magnetic test (while buying) and checking the shape and size of the pots and pans, you can now check the quality (maybe user reviews) and other factors like warranty. With this, you are set to make your purchase.
In case you are not ready to part ways with your current cookware that is not supported by induction cooktops, you can consider purchasing an induction disc. The magnetic disc comes in different sizes, and therefore, you should select the size that perfectly fits your induction cooktop. With the disc, you can use any type of cookware including aluminum and ceramic. Although, you should keep back in your mind that the efficiency of the cooktop will be reduced slightly because the heat is first transferred to the disc and then to the pan.
You can check the top three Pots and Pans for Induction Cooktops sold on Amazon：
- 10-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set for Multi-Purpose Use: Include 2 covered saucepans (1.5qt/2qt), 2 covered stockpots (2.5qt/4qt), and 2 open fry pans(8in/10.5in), meeting all cooking methods and daily cooking use
- Pans & Pots with Ceramic Coating, PTFE/PFOA/LEAD/CADMIUM-FREE: Easily cook without oil, prepare healthy meals for your family and clean conveniently; oven safe to 500℉(glass lid oven safe to 390℉) and dishwasher safe
- Double-Bottom Aluminum Cookware : The impact-bonded stainless steel bases & aluminum construction makes food evenly and fast heating, compatible with oven, gas, electric, ceramic, glass, stovetops and induction cooktops, etc
- Anti Warping Cookware Set with 18/10 Stainless Steel Handles: Light & durable hard anodized aluminum cookware fights corrosion, warping and rust to ensure healthy food and long-term use
- RUSTIC COLORS AND MODERN DESIGN: Cusinaid Cookware features rustic colors and modern design that fuses relaxed style and everyday functionality
- Set includes 8-Inch, 10-Inch Fry Pan; 3-Quart Saute Pan with lid and handle helper; 1.6-Quart and 3-Quart covered saucepan; 6-1/2-Quart saucepot with cover.
- Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel construction eliminates hot spots and ensures even heat distribution along the bottom and side walls of the cookware.
- Stay-cool stainless-steel perfect-grip handle riveted to the pan.
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe to 550 degrees F; Freezer-safe for food storage; Lifetime limited warranty.
- Suitable for all cooking source, electric, gas, infrared, induction stove or Radiant glass and ceramic cooktop.
- GERMAN ENGINEERED HIGH QUALITY COOKWARE: ELO's 10-piece Skyline cookware set is among the best in the world and is rated to be one of the best cookware brands available today.
- MATERIAL: Each pot and pan is made of stainless steel 18/10 and is polished with a high gloss inside and out. Each lid is made using a stainless steel rim and transparent glass with a ventilated air vent. See below for more details.
- EASY AND READY TO USE: Each pot and pan is made with a capsulated bottom for an even distribution of heat. Equipped with ergonomic handles, ELO's Skyline set is ready to be used on electric, gas, induction and glass ceramic stoves.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Dishwasher safe.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Backed with a 1 year warranty, ELO is completely confident that you will love their product or we will refund your money back, no questions asked!