What to Look for in a Squirrel Cage Fan
Squirrel cage fans are also known as centrifugal fans. These fans are extensively used in the HVAC industry. They are often considered a better choice as they are quite easy to make when compared to axial fans. They also cost less than axial fans.
Squirrel cage fans are used in the industry for ventilation. The ventilation may be in vehicles, or it may be in buildings. There are several advantages associated with the use of centrifugal fans. To find the best one for use, there are several factors that one needs to look at. A list of some of the best choices in terms of centrifugal fans is given below:
1.Hurricane Blowers with Adaptors
Hurricane Blowers are made to suit the needs of the industry. The fan is made with material that is up to industrial-grade quality. This makes the credibility of the product even higher, and it also ensures a smaller chance of any shortcomings in the product.
It is quite a powerful fan that is bound to yield better ventilation than your regular axial fan. Plus, it is quiet, so there is no worry of any noise being created when in use.
The fan is an economical choice since you do not have to buy any adaptors separately. The fan comes with flange adaptors that are present in the fan and built-in accessories.
This makes the fan quite a suitable choice for circulating air in humid areas or in areas with high temperatures. The housing of the fan is made of steel, making it visibly attractive and resistant to rust. There is a 10ft cord wire that is attached to the fan.
- It is quite so it can be used in places that need to be quiet
- The grey steel housing is quite attractive
- Best for making humid areas airy
- A long wire is attached to the fan, making it easy for installing
- The product is slightly more expensive than others of the same sort
2.Squirrel Cage Blower Exhaust
This squirrel cage blower is about 7.5 inches tall and 10 inches wide. The frequency is 50Hz with a 115VAC. It revolves at 3000 rpm, which is a good speed and has a current of 1.26 amperes. The blower comes with thermal protection so that there is no problem given the presence of excessive heat in the system or the environment. The pole is covered with steel bearings for attractiveness and for preventing rust formation.
The blowers come with a damper that can be adjusted according to your needs. The adjustments are made in regards to the noise that comes from the fan and the airflow. To activate, you need to connect the fan to a four-inch pipe in the outlet and the inlet. There is no need for ducting, depending on how you use it, whether you want to plug it or you want to get the fan hard-wired.
- You can control the amount and speed of air that flows in
- You can control the airflow noise from the fan
- The fan comes with thermal protection which is quite a useful feature
- The fan may not be suitable for removing combustion gases
- Also, the manufactures have said that it should not be used to remove corrosive gases, making it unsuitable for use in a lab
3.Odorstop Professional Grade Air Mover
The Odorstop Professional Grade Air Mover is an excellent choice to make when it comes to buying fans for your house or for commercial purposes. This blower fan comes with a safety cord that may be stacked. It is lightweight and easy to install, but at the same time, it is also quite sturdy.
The case of this air mover has been roto-molded, which means that it will last you for years to come despite heavy-duty usage.
This air mover may be used to move air in a room or in any office. It may also be used for carpet drying. The air mover is great for use by professionals who work in the field of water damage restoration since water damage affects carpets and furniture the most.
This air mover squirrel cage fan is suitable for reversing water damage and for drying the wet goods. The fan works at 1400 rpm and weighs only 12 bounds, which makes it easy to install and even carry.
- It weighs very little, so it is quite easily installable and portable
- Can be used professionally for water damage restoration
- Has a GFCI outlet with an inbuilt wrap
- The housing is quite tough, making it last for many years
- There are no cons of the product except the fact that most people may not know how to operate it.
4.UTUO Brushless Radial Blower
The brushless radial blower weighs about 200 grams and has a cord of about 20 inches. The noise level is also bearable at 61 decibels. The fan is quite suitable for use in any environment as long as the correct voltage and conditions are applied.
It has a max airflow of 42.45CFM, and the maximum static pressure is 41.10mm-H2O. The housing is made up of industrial-grade material, which makes this fan a right choice for industrial purposes too. The housing material is PBT+GF30%, while the material used for the Blade is PBT+GF15%.
It has electrical protection that makes it useful for use in all places. The protection system works with an auto-lock that works by turning off the fan at rated voltage for a period of 1 second. After that, the attempt to start again takes place at a 2 to 6 seconds interval.
- It is made with industrial-grade material which is suitable for withstanding heat and static pressure
- It comes with a cord that is quite long
- Electrical protection is also present in the fan
- The noise level of airflow is low as compared to many other fans of the same sort
- The installation needs to be monitored and handles by an expert
- That could be an extra cost for you
5.Hon&Guan 4 Inch Inline Duct Fan
Hon&Guan Inline Duct Fan comes with great style and functionality. The first likely attractive feature to a customer is the color of the fan. It is lighter than most other colors that are available in the market for such fans.
The working of the fan is very quiet so that it can be used inside the house without any nuisance. You can use it for rotating air or for ventilation, even in the living space, without having to worry about extreme noise. What makes it even better for household use is the fact that it is quite an energy-efficient and does not use up much of your electricity.
It has a ball bearing motor that has a long life of up to fifty thousand hours. This is quite sufficient for household use. Also, there is protection from thermal overload so that the fan is not damaged by the heat effect. The fan is quite lightweight, which makes it easy to install the blower.
It is made up of durable material, so that lasts long. It also has added UV protection to extend the life of the machine even more. There are two connection ways so that you may use the fan for low speed, or you may use it for high speed. Since there is no wire, you can just plug it to your house plugs. Also, the size is quite compact, making it a suitable choice for smaller and smaller spaces.
- Good for use in compact spaces
- The plastic case is protected from UV exposure as well as heat
- Heat protection technology makes the fan last long
- Can be used for ventilation in the house
- The noise levels are quite low to preserve the peace and quiet of the indoors
6.Lasko Stanley High-Velocity Blower
The Lasko Stanley High-Velocity Blower comes in a beautiful color. It features a yellow fan making it stand out from other squirrel cage fans. It has a plastic body and a rugged handle for use.
There are three speeds at which you can adjust the fan. The rates range from high and moderate to low. Depending on your usage and airflow, you can change the speed of the fan. It is fully assembled when purchased, and there is a safety plug that also comes with the fan.
It has 120 volts outlets that can be used to plug in any accessories. Weighing just 8.7 pounds, it is quite easy to carry and install. As such, it can be used to dry carpets and floors, whether after water damage or just for renovating purposes.
For permanent use, it can be easily installed in attics or basements. These are the places that are always in need of fresh air, and the presence of this fan allows ventilation and fresh air circulation in the room.
- Can be used inside the house
- Has a durable plastic body that will last long
- Is easy to install with its low weight
- Comes in a unique and attractive color
- The manufacturers claim that the product will last for years to come, but they only give a single year warranty
7.Fasco A166 Centrifugal Blower with Sleeve Bearing
Fasco is a 115 CFM blower that can be used for ventilation. It is a free air blower that is fitted with sleeve bearing. This bearing provides motor shaft support for better working. It has a 1.4 amperes input that can be used for multiple purposes. It is recognized by the UL and has been certified by the CSA. These accreditations further increase the credibility of the fan and make it a wise choice to invest in.
The motor used in the fan is protected against overheating so that there is no damage inflicted on the machine. It has 110 CFM of airflow at 0.1″ SP and a 100 CFM at 0.2″. The airflow is 95 CFM at 0.3″ and 85 CFM at 0.4″.
- The blower has a sleeve bearing for multi-purposes
- The fan has been certified by authorities
- It works quite well as it weighs only 5.4 pounds
- Installation needs to be handled by experts
8.Lasko Pro Performance Blower Fan
The Lasko Pro Performance Fan is suitable for use in many environments, such as in garages or in basements. It is ideal for ventilation in all these areas and may be used for cooling or drying in the area.
It comes with three different speeds, and these speeds are low, high, and moderate. The airflow and the noise that comes with it can be controlled by changing the velocity. It comes with a power cord that is 10 feet long. When you order the fan, it comes fully assembled, so you do not need to get involved in that hassle.
It also has a circuit breaker and a reset button for added functionality. There are two output ports that are 120 Volts and may be used for attaching additional accessories with the fan.
Making it even more functional is the pivot head on the fan that can be pointed in any direction. If you want to dry wet carpets, you can look it to the floor or towards the ceiling for ventilation or exhaust. It has a sturdy handle that is easy to grip so it can be moved from one place to another easily.
- It can be moved from one project to another one
- The pivoting head may be pointed in any direction for use
- There are three different velocities at which the fan can be used
All these fans are good for the job. At the end of the day, the best choice can be made by keeping your needs in view and analyzing the task that you need to perform with the machine.
Jerry Jacobsen says
I am looking for a replacement for a Dayton 6GAK4 blower
these were discontinued I am hoping there is direct replacement
out there some where.
I’m fan of Hon&Guan Fan, it looks very nice, which is very important for me, and while working is really quiet. I’d recommend it to everybody.