The Best Knee Pillow for Sleeping
Good sleep is one of the essential needs of the body. Mental and physical stress can efficiently tax the body, causing a lot of discomfort. So, it is imperative to sleep comfortably in a proper position. A knee pillow can provide just the right level of comfort.
Knee pillows are made out of memory foam. It is placed between or beneath the knees, separating the legs and relieving undue stress from them. This helps to release muscle tension in the lower back and hips by preventing the upper limb from pulling the spine.
It is a great thing, especially for those who suffer from muscle cramps, lower back pain, sciatica, or varicose veins. So, to make your sleep experience a more comfortable one, take a look at our list of the best knee pillows for sleeping available in the market:
1. Knee-T Medical Grade Knee Pillow
This is a 25 x 10 x 3-inch knee pillow with a weight of 1.06 pounds. It is specially designed for back pain relief, sciatica pain, and side sleepers. It is a blend of cotton alone, or bamboo & cotton together.
Knee-T helps reduce back pain for sciatica, herniated disc, and arthritis by holding the legs in an even and neutral position with a comfort strap when lying on the side. This product also aids in the healing of ankle injuries and improves the blood circulation from hips to the feet.
Knee-T is anatomically accurate for exceptional comfort. The product is also insurance and possibly Medicare billable. Knee-T is made with hypoallergenic, HR, CenrtiPUR foam, which is soft, removable, and washable.
Thousands of physicians prescribe it.
- Great way to reduce back and hip pain
- The blend of bamboo and cotton allows for maintenance of temperature during the night
- A great feature if you’re a restless sleeper
- Too thick
- A little pricey
- Pillow likely to get hot in summers
- Not for people over 5’10” tall
2.Shelton Memory Foam Knee Pillow
Shelton Knee Pillow is a 10.4 ounce, 4-inch thick pillow, which is ergonomically designed to provide ideal spinal alignment and support. This feature helps reduce sciatica, lower back, hip, or joint pain. It is frequently bought together with a leg rest cushion and a leg rest pillow.
The product conforms to the legs instantly and helps in spinal alignment. It only needs to be placed between the thighs or below the knees to aid in specific pain management. Unlike most bulky wrap pillows, Shelton’s memory foam is a great maternity pillow for expectant mothers and provides a good night’s sleep.
- Pillow covers can be removed for easy washing and can be put back on
- If not satisfied, the cushion can be returned for a refund
- Made with a soft fiber that feels comfortable against the skin
- Without an attached strap it is difficult to keep the pillow in position
3. Aocome Knee Pillow
Aocome knee pillow is a medically designed pillow that comes in three different color options and sizes. It is specially designed for back and hip pain and sciatic relief. Unlike most knee pillows, Aocome knee pillow comes with a leg strap that helps it stay in place. The pillow maintains its shape and supports the joints greatly. It keeps the knees separated and keeps your hips properly positioned.
- Comes with a zipped cover and can be easily machine washed
- Soft and luxurious material which is comfortable for sleep
- It comes with a strap that doesn’t let the pillow slip out during sleep
- Due to soft foam, the pillow may flatten down with the constant weight of the legs
- The memory foam is likely to get hot in summers which can make it difficult to use in that season
4.Abco Tech Premium Memory Foam Knee Pillow
This product is crafted from a hypoallergenic material, which is an ideal recommendation for people who have hygiene issues. The pillow contours itself around the knees and allows a posture that is aligned yet relaxed at the same time. It comes with a zipper pillowcase that can be taken off and washed.
Abco tech knee pillow is comfortable and soft while also sturdy enough to maintain its shape. The pad uplifts the upper knee, completely aligning the spine and reducing tension in the muscles.
- A great product to provide support and comfort for the healing of muscles and ligaments
- The hourglass shape of the pillow helps it keep in place during the night
- Quite expensive
- For some people, this pillow might be somewhat short sized
- The pillow will compress after some uses
5. Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Knee Pillow with Strap
This memory foam pillow also features two attractive bonus sets. These include memory foam earplugs. The plugs have a noise reduction rating (NRR) of 33, meaning you won’t hear any sounds. Moreover, they take over your ear shape, which makes it even more comfortable, and you barely feel a thing.
- Comes with a strap that you can remove or keep to prevent the pillow from slipping
- Earplugs make a great and convenient bonus addition to the product
- Comes with a hook-and-loop strap that can be removed
- The zipper might be a little weak and loose
- The pillow weighs quite a bit
6. Cushy Foam Half Moon Knee Pillow
The Cushy Foam Half Moon Bolster is larger than the average pillow with a weight of 14.6 ounces and a size of 20.5 x 8 x 4.5. It’s a multi-purpose pillow that is ideal for back sleepers, side sleepers, and use after surgery or during pregnancy.
The knee pillow provides therapeutic support in multiple areas of the body and is a perfect solution to elevate the knees while sleeping. Cushy Foam Knee Pillow eases leg, back, knee, and hip joint pain by providing proper and good spinal alignment.
The dual-layer bolster pillow is firm and comes with a piece of breathable and washable cotton fabric. This blend will allow you to keep fresh during hot nights in summer.
- Suitable for expectant women as it helps them get more coverage and better sleep
- The foam can hold its firmness
- Made from washable organic cotton fabric
- The pillow can resist allergens
- The pillow may be too small for taller and heavier people
- Some complaints about the foam having indentations
7.ComfiLife Orthopedic Knee Pillow
This knee pillow is an ergonomic design that keeps the hips, legs, and spine in ideal alignment. It fits well between the knees and yields maximum support to provide relief from sciatica pain while reducing pressure on the lower back.
This hourglass-shaped pillow made from memory foam will not get flat over time. The pad offers great firmness and is a perfect accessory for pregnant women and those with chronic knee and hip pain.
The excellent price of the pillow makes it a definite bargain. There is a durable memory foam that comes with a breathable zipped cover. This feature ensures that the product does not become very warm. It is also easily washable in the machine. Many physical therapists and chiropractors recommend this product as it is ideal for spinal alignment
- Firmer than an average pillow
- Keeps its shape even after being used for a long time
- The pillow is soft and comfortable to use
- The price is affordable
- Can take some time getting used to it as it is a little large
- Might be too firm for some people
8.Hermell Elevated Leg Rest Pillow
Boasting a “Zero Gravity” alignment, Hermell elevated leg pillow is a great feature for people looking to find something for pain relief. It is designed at a great angle, which works well to release tension around the tailbone and coccyx, creating an ideal ‘pelvic tilt.’
The length of the pillow is 25.5 inches, with a height of 8 inches and a 20-inch width. This leg rest pillow is somewhat larger than other average pads. Therefore ‘like’ sizes should be compared before making a decision. The large size can offer more elevation to your knee, which might take a little time getting used to. The pillow has been devised to provide a comfortable and relaxing fit for everyone.
There is no assembly required for this product. It comes with cotton blend zip covers that can be taken off and quickly put back again. The cotton blend fabric usually is easy to wash and dry.
- The density of the pillow is excellent. It is neither too soft nor too firm.
- The pillow does not wobble even when used with a soft mattress
- Compared to a standard knee pillow, this pillow allows more knee elevation than usual
- According to some people, the size of the pillow is too big for a comfortable sleep
- For rough side sleepers, this pillow might not be a good option
9.Cushy Cloud Orthopedic Memory Foam Knee Pillow
This orthopedic memory foam knee pillow is made with medical-grade foam with a soft velboa cover. This hourglass-shaped pillow is a great product to use for those who have just had a hip replacement. The pillow provides adequate support, which allows a relaxed and comfortable sleep throughout the night.
The Cushy Cloud Knee Pillow is specially designed for side sleepers. It conforms to the legs instantly and helps promote spinal alignment. This pillow will maintain its shape and position even when you move and shift a lot during your sleep.
It showcases an attractive velboa cover which feels very comfortable against your skin. You can easily unzip its cover and wash it at home every time you think the pillow needs cleaning.
- Comfortable while being sturdy enough not to compress, therefore retains its shape
- Fluffy and soft velboa cover
- The contour design of the pillow prevents it from shifting, letting you sleep undisturbed
- For those with allergy and hygiene issues, the furry cover might be a problem as it can be allergenic
- The firm foam can be a bit too thick and hard for some people to sleep comfortably with
10.InteVision Knee Pillow
TheIntevVision knee pillow comes with the option of two colors, white and grey, at an affordable price, which makes it worthy of a bargain. It keeps your legs, and other parts of the body parallel to the spine that helps prevent and relieve pain and strain on those areas.
This knee pillow includes a high quality, 400 thread count, and is made of a 100% Egyptian cotton cover that can be removed for easy washing. The combination of memory foam top layer and a high resilient base foam provides enhanced comfort and the benefits you need for a good night’s sleep. The pillow retains its shape well for a long time while maintaining its support.
- The pillow has a two-layer design that keeps its shape and position firm
- Made with high quality 100% Egyptian cotton cover
- Very durable and easy to use
- Zipped cover that can be removed and easily washed
- Comes with a great and affordable price
- The two-layer design might be a little too firm making it uncomfortable
- Some people complained that the pillow was too thick
- Too hard for expectant women to sleep comfortably with
- The size is too small for taller and heavier people
A high quality, soft, and comfortable knee pillow is hard to find. It is also true that most knee pillows do not have all the good things to offer. However, our list of the above showcases the most exclusive pillows you can find for optimal rest and sleep. There is one for every budget and body type to keep you in a perfectly aligned position while sleeping.