Although disasters could occur without a prior warning, it is imperative to ensure you make adequate preparations to ease the effects of such experience.
A good example is by purchasing at least one of these emergency backpack kits, either in your home, office or private car. This could be the best decision you will ever make when the time calls for it.
1. Emergency Zone Urban Survival 72-Hour Survival Kit w/Pet Kit Add On
There is a unique feature that distinguishes the Emergency Zone Urban Survival 72-Hour Survival Kit w/Pet Kit Add from the rest, this manufacturer has been thoughtful enough to include your pets in the design process.
There are several features that help to ease the impact of a 3-day crisis, some of those included in the design are first aid equipment, hygiene, sanitation, food, and water.
Additionally, there is a gear for water cleansing, emergency handbook, weather protection, light as well as communication.
The indistinctive design makes it difficult for anyone to feel intimidated by this survival gear and your dog? Well, your pets get a leash, toys, disposable bag, bowl, and of course, lots of food among other key features necessary to cater to your pet’s wellbeing.
- Your pet has been considered while designing this backpack, so you have no worries in that aspect.
- This backpack was designed to convey the equipment needed for a 3-day crisis.
- Affordable for you and your pet.
- There is an additional size for a larger family.
- A black backpack with a discrete design.
- You mostly find a single Swiss Army Knife in this backpack.
- The design accommodates just you and one pet.
- The unhandy water design makes it quite frustrating.
2. EVERLIT 72-Hour 2-Person Emergency Survival Kit
The first three days of any hurricane, flood, earthquake, or any disaster of such destruction could be crucial, and EVERLIT 72-Hour 2-Person Emergency Survival Kit has been designed to cater to all your needs within this period.
This bag is quite unique has it was designed by U.S. military veterans, some of its notable features include the food and water essentials, survival gear, safety tools as well as the premium first aid equipment among several others.
Additionally, you get an emergency radio hand-crank flashlight that works as a radio, flashlight (LED) as well as a charger in this backpack.
What if your throat runs dry and you feel hungry or thirsty? Well, there are twenty-four packs of DATREX drinking water as well as a pair of 3,600 calorie bars for your consumption.
You also get tourniquet and a well-conditioned 200-piece first aid equipment, there’s also survival kit designed with at least a hundred-foot paracord, providing you with essential tools.
That’s not all, there is an N95 respirator, emergency tent as well as a poncho should you ever need it.
- You get an emergency radio hand-crank which gives constant power.
- There is a 5-year shelf life for water and food.
- This two-man survival kit is also affordable.
- Specially designed by military veterans for the first 3 days of any crisis.
- This backpack was not designed to sustain beyond three days.
- Food and water are not properly packaged.
- Water purification is finite.
3. Kelty Redwing 50 Backpack
Among the very best packs out there, the Kelty Redwing 50 stands out as a major brand. This backpack comes with a hybrid-loading feature as well as a U-zipper design that functions as both a top loader and a panel loader. This feature enables users quick and seamless access to all their gear at any time they please.
There is also the LightBeam single aluminum stay as well as the Dynamic Airflow back panel feature that keeps your load intact and keeps you comfortable.
Additionally, users enjoy there’s a zippered stash pocket alongside a large front pocket and zippered side pockets which gives you enough space to convey even more.
This backpack also gets you air-mesh shoulder straps, a lumbar pad designed to give you comfort and keep you cool, there’s also dual-density foam waist belt and Dynamic Airflow back panel attached.
All these features and attachments only mean this backpack is on the heavy side, it’s best not to get your hopes up if you love to travel light.
- Top quality, great design, and an amazing build.
- The LightBeam tech ensures load stability.
- Comfort is guaranteed thanks to the Dynamic AirFlow.
- Some users may find this backpack a bit too heavy to carry around.
- Others may find it too large to be used as a daypack.
4. Redfora Complete Earthquake Bag
Do you desire an affordable backpack that can convey everything you need in any case of a disaster? Then you can try the Redfora Complete Earthquake bag as this emergency kit caters to all your needs within the first three days of a disaster.
Users get a plethora of features with this emergency backpack such as a dozen water pouches, 3,600 calorie food bars, a tent, health products, first aid, among several other tools.
Additionally, there is a hand crank flashlight attached to this backpack that could be used as a phone charger or a radio alongside waterproof matches suitable for any terrain.
Users also get an emergency poncho, tube tent that can accommodate two, a 30+ hour long-lasting candle, mylar sleeping back, etc.
- A more affordable option.
- It comes in different sizes and supports up to six people.
- The tools that come attached to this backpack is enough to sustain anyone for the first 3 days of any disaster that may occur.
- This backpack is very affordable which means some of the products are of substandard quality.
- Don’t have high hopes for the food and water.
- This backpack may not be useful if disasters that last beyond three days.
5. Osprey Packs Atmos AG 65 Backpack
This backpack has been designed with amazing cool features, one of which is the continuous back panel of mesh referred to as anti-gravity suspension. This provides easy ventilation for the user and is on the lightweight category.
This sleek backpack comes with a removable lid that makes for quick and easy access gear and valuable items.
The 65L capacity means you never have to worry about the distance, there is an additional hydration reservoir sleeve suitable for a 3L bladder.
This backpack is a hybrid design as it could serve users during a disaster and could be useful when hiking due to the different features attached.
This doesn’t take away the fact that Osprey is one of the best survival backpacks due to its amazing features and lifelong guarantee which states that a user can send it in for replacements or maintenance at no extra charges.
If you ever want to enjoy a premium backpacking experience, we strongly recommend Osprey.
What is there to complain about Osprey Atmos? Maybe the MOLLE incompatibility could be one downside to this amazing product. You also get to choose what size (small, medium or large), there are two colors ( red and grey) to pick from.
The Osprey Atmos is the ideal backpack as it comes with every feature required of a survival kit, if you don’t mind splashing the cash on acquiring the best product in the market, then make a purchase today.
- The list is almost infinite but one of the key features would be the anti-gravity which puts the Osprey Atmos on the lightweight category.
- When the journey gets challenging, you can calm yourself with the cool ventilation system of this amazing backpack.
- Imagine never having to worry about maintenance and replacements forever, no brand can offer you this amazing deal in today’s market.
- The floating top, hydration compatibility, the sleeping bag section, mesh side pockets, we can go on listing some of the amazing features of this high capacity survival backpack.
- Like earlier mentioned, the Osprey Atmos has no MOLLE compatibility.
- Anyone looking to travel by air might find it difficult using this backpack as a carry on due to its massive size.
- This is not a complete survival pack as it is a hybrid.
6. 3V GEAR VELOX II LARGE TACTICAL ASSAULT BACKPACK
Are you looking forward to a trip, hiking, or military assignment and require the ideal tactical assault backpack with a capacity of 1,628 cubic inches of storage to fit in your gear? Well, that best describes the 3V Gear Velox II Large Tactical Assault Backpack.
The clam-shell wide-opening design allows users to arrange their gear in different sections and sub-sections with ease.
This impressively large backpack has been developed with 600-D PVC-backed nylon has a rigid built that is ideal for extreme weather conditions and heavy usage.
There is also the hydration bladder, but the MOLLE straps positioned on the sides of the bag have been considered ineffective by some users as the sizes are not suitable for most accessories.
This takes nothing away from the Velox II as it is an ideal choice for anyone who desires a rigid survival backpack.
- Velox II is built for all kinds of experiences.
- Enough pockets for gear and valuables.
- Top-quality and carefully crafted design.
- The absence of hydration bladder could be a constraint to many.
- MOLLE strips are poorly positioned.
7. Condor 3 Day Assault Pack
The Condor 3 Day Assault Pack was designed with some amazing features such as the 50L capacity as well as seven pockets for gear that includes the hydration pocket for either a 2L or 3L bladder.
This gives every user the necessary space needed to fit in all their needs with ease. The padded shoulder straps, the waist and sternum strap gives comfort even when fully loaded as there is an even distribution of weight.
When the weather gets really hot and uncomfortable, the cutout foam panels ensure ventilation is unhindered.
This is one of the most affordable backpacks which makes it one of its distinguished features. Also, keep in mind that cheap doesn’t often deliver a premium feel, the quality may not be up to par with the expensive backpacks on this list.
The material is undoubtedly strong, so you can worry less about it falling apart during heavy-duty use.
- The supportive feature of the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack gives its users comfort.
- This is the ideal size for a survival backpack.
- You can keep cool with the airflow technology available in rear padding.
- Worth the money.
- The waterproof feature is not fully guaranteed.
- When compared to others, the Condor 3 Day Assault Pack cannot handle the same amount of heavy-duty use.
8. Prep Store Elite Emergency Survival Pack Elite Kit
In any case of a disaster, the Prep Store Elite Emergency Survival Pack Elite Kit has been designed to deliver every basic necessity to ensure your safety.
The filter specially designed for this backpack can clean up 1,500 gallons of water. You never have to bother yourself about water, there’s an additional 2-gallon container, filter pump, 2.5L bladder as well as a straw.
Sleeping outdoors with no shelter close by? No problem. The Prep Store Elite Emergency Survival Pack Elite Kit has been equipped with a full-size poncho, three-season sleeping bag, one-man tent, mosquito net to provide comfort and safety.
There is also the ferrocerium rod fire starter for your cooking and warmth against the cold, alongside the ten-piece cooking set.
Additionally, users get a skinning knife, machete, folding silverware, sharpening stone, and a fishing kit.
You never have to worry about power thanks to the folding solar charger as well as the power bank lantern which comes with an emergency beacon. There’s more, attached to this backpack is a two-way ham radio built-in with NOAA weather radio signal for effective communication.
There is also a 70+ piece first aid kit alongside a clip-on repellant and insecticide, gloves, and masks, among several other tools. Surely, with all the features mentioned, we can agree that this is a survival kit worth every penny.
- The cooking and fire set is one of the very best.
- The water kit comes with a pump, straw, filter, bladder, bottle as well as the gallon container which is essential for long distances.
- The 70+ piece first aid kit is a great addition.
- You never run out of power as there is a solar charger as well as a power bank lantern.
- Sleeping outdoors has never been this much fun, the poncho, tent, sleeping bag, mosquito net, and camping mat.
- Quite expensive, although the endless supplies make it worth every penny.
- Water? Yes. Food? No.
- It’s a one-person backpack.
Backpacks come in different sizes; small, medium, and large, the challenge many encounters is the choice of size to purchase. Well, these are what you need to be on the lookout for when selecting a size:
i) Take a measurement of your torso length:
It’s easier when a friend or family helps out here, take measurement of the vertical distance from your neck down to the center of your back situated at the hip bones.
If your torso length after measuring shows 20″ and above, you make a purchase for a large survival backpack, if it falls between 16.5″ and 19.5″, get the medium size. For those with 16″ or less, small survival backpacks are what you need.
ii) Take measurement of your hip size:
Though not as significant as the torso length, it’s important to take a measurement still. To do this, use a tape and measure around your hips (take the measurement from the belly button, then to your sides and straight to your hip bones. Ordinarily, most backpacks are ideal for several hip sizes, consider this; try adjusting the belt size to straddle your hips at least an inch over and below the line we have just measure. You should see it wrap around your those double pelvic bones located in the front, you’ll have a precise position for the most desirable satisfaction and weight relief.
Always ensure to keep your backpack in an environment accessible and rodent-free. Every six months, reaccess your backpack contents to ensure you packed the appropriate clothes and tools. This helps you get ready and gives a sense of certitude in any case of an emergency.
Leave a Reply