Why Choose Best Electric Fence Chargers
Everyone craves for uninterrupted sleep at night and peaceful moments during the day. Whether you are a property owner or not, security around you, if well taken care of, makes your heart merry.
Most people choose to erect a stone wall high fence around their homestead and top it up with an electric barbed wire like icing on a cake.
Different predators determine which charger to use. A low voltage charger cannot keep bears off but can contain small animals like squirrels. While the bears would require high voltage to contain them. These chargers can pose a grievous danger if not properly installed. Seek professional guidance before setting them up.
These electric fences require power to keep them going. Below is a list of our top electric fence chargers that will keep your fences energized and guarantee total safety.
1.Zareba EAC50M-Z AC Electric Fence Charger
If you are looking for a charger that can energize fifty miles of your fence, look no further.
Using the AC power, Zareba EAC50M-Z AC Electric Fence Charger utilizes a 2 joules output.
All components are made in the USA but are available worldwide.
The manufacturer offers a two-year warranty, which includes lightning damage. If you register with the manufacturer, you get an additional year. You have nothing to lose.
It comes with a plastic interface that can withstand all weather. It gives a pulsing shock even during the wet season.
- It charges between the range of 50 miles.
- The manufacturer offers a full 2year warranty.
- It is built in the USA and sold globally.
- A three-year protection plan is made available against lightning.
- It is not recommended for poultry farms unless the insulated rods are used.
- It is a bit pricey.
2.Parmak DFSP Electric Charger
This solar charger is operated via a 6volt battery. It can stay charged for two weeks without the sun.
It charges through twentyfive miles. It shocks through wet conditions as well. Great care is needed, though.
A solar panel is placed at the top, which passes power to the battery for later usage.
It has an inbuilt meter, which shows available power. Parmak DFSP Electric Charger is best used in smaller farms.
It works through pulsing, and all components are made in the USA.
- It works on a 25mile radius.
- Powered by electricity and solar simultaneously on a 1.4KJ battery.
- It gives shock in wet conditions. Safety is required if you are working near the perimeter in such conditions.
- All components are made in the USA.
- It does not work on a constant shock.
- The battery stops working after a couple of days.
3.FiShock ESP2M-FS Electric Fence Charger
This charger is solely solarpowered. It can stay powered without the sun for fourteen days.
It energizes a two-mile portion of your fence. It can be used as an alternative in case of power outages.
The manufacturer, though, gives a oneyear warranty that covers lightning damages.
FiShock ESP2M-FS Electric Fence Charger is best used around small farm enclosures like the chicken pen.
It comes as a single unit. The solar panel is inbuilt, and the casing is made of highquality plastic.
- The manufacturer offers a oneyear warranty that includes lighting damages.
- A solarpowered electric charger that can operate 14 days without the sun.
- It charges a two-mile fence radius.
- All components are made in the USA.
- First-time use requires a 3day charge in the sun.
- It may not work so well during winter.
4.Parmak Super Energizer Electric Fence Controller
If you are looking for a modern electric charger Parmak Super Energizer Electric Fence Controller is your best bet.
It comes with an inbuilt digital meter that shows you the status of your fence.
This supercharger energizes 50 miles of your fence, emitting 8000 volts. Stay safe from annoying intruders like bears.
What’s more, is that you have a color-coded indicator. Red shoes the charger while black the grounds. Stay alert always.
It is made in the USA. The plastic on it durably withstands all weather.
- This charger works through 50 miles radius.
- It comes with color codes for natural markings; Red for the fence, and black for ground.
- It comes with a digital meter.
- With 110V, it shocks through wet conditions.
- It is not waterproof.
- It does not have a back-up battery in case of power outages.
5.Cyclops Boss 32 Joule AC Fence Charger
This charger can energize a thousand acres of land or 30 miles via 32 joules.
A charger that is solarpowered and battery-operated say bye to insecure days due to power outages.
Cyclops Boss 32 Joule AC Fence Charger has lighting damage protection.
It uses an AC output, and all of its components are made in the USA and sold globally.
- It is made in the USA, and all parts can be bought worldwide.
- It is a battery and solar operated.
- It charges through 30 miles of your property.
- It comes with a oneyear lightning protection plan.
- The battery is not included in the package.
- It does not have digital controls.
6.Patriot PE10 Electric Energizer
This black electric charger is made in NewZealand and powers 40 acres of land or 10 miles.
A tiny looking gadget but very powerful is Patriot PE10 Electric Energizer for you.
The manufacturer goes out of his way and offers a oneyear full replacement warranty. You can never go wrong with this offer.
It weighs a mere 1.5 pounds, which is not pricey when shipping.
An easy to set up a product that comes with a reading manual.
- It is made in New Zealand, but it is available globally and on amazon.
- It comes in the primary black color, but controls are different colored to stay apart.
- Manufactures offer a oneyear warranty with a full replacement.
- It can be used on any rope or wire.
- Getting spare parts might be a hustle.
- It does not have an inbuilt meter.
7.FiShock EAC10M Electric Fence Charger
This electric charger is made in the USA and powers 40 acres of land or 10 miles. It comes with a one-year warranty.
FiShock EAC10M Electric Fence Charger comes in a series of 10, 25, and 50 miles options that you can choose from depending on the size of your property.
It works pretty well even in wet weeds and brushes with steel or aluminum wires.
For longevity, mount it under shade since the case is not waterproof.
The case comes with color-coded controls to avoid confusion and can be used to secure farm animals like chicken, goats, rabbits, and sheep. It may be wise to install it away from weeds and brushes to reduce power wastages.
- It works well on a 10-mile radius.
- It is made in the USA and can be shipped across the globe.
- Wet weather does not affect its output. It works well under the rain.
- The company offers two other options to choose from; 25 and a 50mile range.
- A rain cover is needed if it will be mounted outside.
- The warranty does not cover lightning damages.
8.Patriot Purpose ElectricFence Energizer
One of the best electric chargers that look small but give the most robust protection is Patriot Purpose ElectricFence Energizer for you.
It is easy to assemble and use. It does not come with an inbuilt meter.
All components are assembled and built in the USA. The manufacturer offers a full replacement warranty for two-years.
It does not require a voltage load to operate.
It comes in a single black color and is best suitable for small farms
- The manufacturer offers a twoyear warranty with full replacements.
- It offers a 30-mile charge coverage.
- It comes in a single black color.
- It is made of waterproof, high-quality, and durable plastic material.
- The single hole for mounting can be blown away in the windy season.
- The fuse needs constant change.
How To Choose Best Electric Fence Chargers
It is crucial to get the right electric charger if you intend to get the best out.
Security for you and your surroundings is very vital. You may want to keep your family away from a live electric fence. A little talk to children on how bad the fence can be is great. Let them see how the fence works. Pets like dogs also need to be trained. Your main goal is to keep predators off your property but not at the expense of your family’s wellbeing. Wiring should be done by a professional; if the grounds are not well covered and can produce shorts, especially when rains come. Imagine working on the ground and rain starts unannounced, yet the wires were not well fit, it can be fatal.
Joules: You want a powerful enough charger to knock down a bear, 5 joules and above would do that correctly. This will also depend on whatever predators near you, any charger below four joules can keep small animals like squirrels off. If you keep bulls on your farm, think twice on how to keep them alive and intact. Bulls can be stubborn, and they test live fences without blinking. You may want a charger that does not kill them but keeps them away from the fence.
Current: A pulsing current is better than a constant current. Pulsing means that the charger only shots when something has come into contact with the fence. While the constant stays alive throughout.
AC/DC Output source depending on the system that you have with you. Adaptors are also sold separately in case your output is different.
Solar or Electric powered options will entirely depend on your preference. If you live in a place with constant power outages, you may want to have a solarpowered option as an alternative. Although if you live in hot places, it is best to utilize the natural power by investing in solarpowered chargers.
These chargers work on different mile ranges, and if you have a big farm, you might want to choose one that covers above 50 miles and have several of them rather than low miles and loads of chargers.
Get professionals to handle the installation. Assembling may look easy, but the science behind the ground system may be fatal if done wrongly. To make great use of warranties, let assembling be done by an experienced person so that the manufacturer may shoulder all liabilities within the warranty period.
It may be wise to put a nonelectric fence around your home and away from the electric one. This keeps your family, especially children and dogs, safe.
Mount these chargers indoors or under shade. You may install a covering case. If the meters or controls are exposed to harsh rain and wind, you may have to keep replacing them. Covers also prevent lightning damages.
How often a fuse is blown off can be costly. Replacements may not be readily available. A company that has the best warranty protection may solve the fuse problem within the warranty period.
It is wise to erect an electric fence away from plants, weeds, and brushes. If done near weed and wind blows them, the currents may be wasted. Farmworkers working near the fence may be short-circuited, and results may end up being fatal. Electricity is dangerous if left open. See to it that all wires used are hidden or covered.
The safety of your property lies solely in your decision. To get that, undisturbed sleep invests wisely on a functioning electric charger. If you are a farmer and want to keep predators off your property, invest in a long-lasting charger that can give protection around your entire farm, keeping in mind that children can also touch live wires, and the results can be fatal. Firsthand training is required. Dogs and pets can be trained as well, but they will eventually venture out and learn through experience. Now you have it; the list will guide you on which way to go. Decide wisely and have a safe day, won’t you?
Leave a Reply