What are the reasons to choose a baby beach tent?
You have both your sunscreen and beach towels ready, but are you forgetting something? How about your Baby beach tent? Do you have that packed too?
As a mom, taking your child to the beach could be quite challenging especially when you think of all the health risks associated with such a visit.
Some of the challenges encountered by mothers are how to ensure your child stays protected from the sun.
This is a reason why many mothers come along with different protective such as sunscreens, umbrellas, as well as hats to ensure full protection from UV rays.
Are the protective items listed above enough to protect your child though?
Experts have revealed better protective measures to ensure your child’s safety such as the best baby beach tent which is often disregarded by many.
Let’s walk you through what baby beach tents are, the best baby beach tents, and their benefits as compared to sunscreen products as well as the key features to look out for when purchasing one for your child.
1. Aeirnuo Large Baby Beach Tent
This easy to construct baby beach tent has been designed with a double front zipper and is ideal for newborns. Additionally, users get two tent pegs which keep it secured to the ground to avoid instability.
- This baby beach tent is one of the very few we could find that is ideal for babies, it is ultra-light, offers total protection from the sun, sand, bugs, and it is easy to use.
- Your babies will outgrow them as it has been designed specifically for a certain age group.
2. Shade Shack Instant Pop Up Sun Shelter
This family sun shelter can accommodate the child, parent, and siblings and has great features such as the easy pop-up design as well as the sand pockets and stakes to ensure stay-put convenience. There are also three fold-up slides designed for easy ventilation while providing protection away from the sun.
- Users get to enjoy protection from the sun as well as ventilation. The tent is lightweight and there are pockets where users can fill sand with to ensure stability of the tent.
- When unfolded, it becomes quite challenging to fold back up and this beach tent does not provide SPF 50+, just SPF 30+.
3. Navy and White Stripe Family Pop-Up Tent
This trendy baby beach tent is a combination of fashion and amazing functions. The trendy design makes it one of a kind as the tent pops up into one place with ease. Users also enjoy UV protection of over 50 which makes this baby beach tent a safe haven for kids.
- There are large handles for easy grasp, this baby beach tent is easy to assemble and offers UV protective fabric.
- The absence of the front zipper means it would be difficult to keep bugs and sand out of the tent.
4. Schylling Infant UV Playshade
One of the best decisions you can make is choosing the Schylling Infant UV Playshade which has been designed to have all the necessary safety features.
Ideal for babies from one month till the age of ten years and this accommodating beach tent (31” x 51″ x 39″) is also lightweight, weighing just 2.9 pounds. This makes it one of the most mobile tent, it also has a popup design which means moms do not need to wait on dads to set up.
Another amazing feature is the 50+ UV rating which makes it safe for kids. The 50+ UV rated fabric makes this beach tent popular among families.
Additionally, this tent comes with tie-down pegs as well as sand pockets which ensures stability against the wind. Users also get to enjoy the fresh air with the closed-in bottom and air vents design.
- The Schylling Infant UV Playshade has been carefully designed with lightweight materials and is ideal for kids from one month to ten years of age. There is also the pop-up design as well as UV protection.
5. One-Touch Play Cabana Tent
This tent is ideal for a small family and is quite accommodating (65″ x 59″ x 45″). The setup design comes with the popup feature. It is also considered a lightweight (5 pounds) which makes it a mobile tent.
This tent is ideal for kids between the age of 36 months and 12 years. The firm built of the One Touch Play Cabana Tent makes it a safe item to use on the beach. There is a carry bag for easy mobility and is rated SPF 30+ in terms of safety.
Kids get to enjoy naps in the One Touch Play Cabana Tent due to the mesh front cover that allows for the sea breeze and easy ventilation while keeping the bugs out.
This tent is suitable for babies and “big babies” and with the one-touch setup and firm design that guarantees the safety of the family. The SPF 30+ rating means the family is protected from the sun, wind, and sand.
Users also get a carrying bag for easy mobility and One-Touch Play Cabana Tent can be regarded as one of the most ideal SPF beach tent options out there.
- The One Touch Play Cabana Tent is waterproof and the firm structural design ensures stability against heavy winds. It has an SPF 30+ rating and a pop-up design for easy setup.
- The mesh panel design does not ensure protection against the sun.
6. Sunba Pop-Up Baby Beach Tent
No mom wants to spend forever setting up a tent when her time should be spent monitoring the movement of the child especially close to the water.
The Sunba Pop-Up Baby Beach Tent has been designed with elastic material, making it pop up in less than five seconds, while collapse takes about the same time, although that may take some time to practice.
As soon as you remove the tent from its case, it springs up and takes it full form and it may require a few adjustments to position it to your preference.
Collapsing the tent is also quite easy, you need to fold half once and continue folding and as this takes shape, the elastic frame curls into the form of a ring. Then stack into a circle and place in the round carrying bag to complete the collapse process.
You should be spending more time with your family and not setting up your beach tent for hours.
There are other great features the Sunba Pop-Up Baby Beach Tent offers users, one of which is the UPF rating of 50+ which has been designed using porous water-resistant polyester material.
Additionally, the mesh windows allow ventilation while the stretchy floor mat gives adults and grown kids the space to stick together without any form of discomfort.
This tent is considered lightweight (two pounds) which makes it easy to carry everywhere and collapse as well as after use clean up less straining.
- If you desire a quick and easy pop-up feature, then this is the right tent for you. The stretched floor mat gives immeasurable comfort alongside the UPF 50+ ventilation rating.
- Collapsing the Sunba Pop-Up Baby Beach Tent could take some time to get used to.
7. Pacific Play Tents 20315 Kids One Touch Beach Tent
This colorful ample baby tent gives your child all the space needed to roam, with one touch, you can set up this baby beach tent. The firmly built structure ensures this tent remains in one position without being blown away by strong winds.
There is a zip-up feature that helps you protect your family from the sun. Users also get to enjoy the UV-treated baby tent as well as the waterproof floors which guarantee maximum satisfaction.
- The Pacific Play Tents 20315 Kids One Touch Beach Tent’s durability cannot be questioned as it serves users for years. Strong winds? No problem. This tent can accommodate up to four babies at once.
- There are no stakes attached to this item to ensure stability, and the Velcro tabs designed to ensure the front doors stay open are not reliable.
8. NEQUARE Baby Beach Tent
Does your child fall between 0-5 years of age bracket? Then, this is the right tent for your kid. Whether in the water or sand, this waterproof tent got you covered.
An amazing feature of the NEQUARE Baby Beach Tent is the pool feature designed on the floor which can be described as your child’s play zone or nap area.
This tent is in the lightweight category and has an easy pop-up design. Users can also keep the tent in a bag to carry with ease.
- Since it’s in the lightweight category, the NEQUARE Baby Beach Tent is easy to carry around. There is also the child-friendly design as well as the pool feature which kids may find interesting. This tent also has a UV 50+ rating to go with it.
- Not suitable for newborn and it may take some time to dig up a pool in the sand before usage.
9. Pop-Up 4 Person Beach Tent
The idea of having two babies could either spell trouble or double excitement. The idea is to discover a beach tent that can accommodate both babies comfortably. You never have to feel burdened while managing multiple kids when visiting the beach.
The Pop-Up 4 Person Beach Tent (95″ x 71″ x 39″) has been specially designed to accommodate both you and the kids without feeling any discomfort.
An expansion would see the height of the tent at 40 inches (3 and a half feet) which means standing tall may be practically impossible as an adult, this does not in any way restrict movement in comparison to other baby beach tents out there.
The tent is in the lightweight category so movement is not restricted.
A mother of twins? Do you find it challenging to make a purchase for two on every product? Why not save some cash and get this baby beach tent that accommodates you and the twins?
The Pop-Up 4 Person Beach Tent can last a few years even as the kids grow older. There is a carrying bag and ground stakes alongside the tent.
The waterproof material as well as the UPF 50+ rating puts this tent among the very best baby beach tent. The multiple windows and door openings of the Pop-Up 4 Person Beach Tent have a mesh design.
- You and your twins have enough space to play or nap, and with the top quality UV protection material design, the safety of your kids is guaranteed.
- This tent also gives users the choice of collapsing into a small carrying bag.
- Due to the considerable size of the tent, monitoring the kids may be quite challenging. The large size also means collapsing the tent may be difficult and time-consuming.
10. Pacific Play Lil Nursery Tent
Only babies can match a cat’s curiosity, this is why moms need to get a beach tent that can accommodate this level of awareness in a child.
Children need to catch a break when playing, it’s important to get a beach tent with windows to let them cool off from the weather.
What tent could that be? Well, the Pacific Play Lil Nursery Tent like its name implies that your child gets a bright and colorful design while keeping the child entertained throughout your time on the beach.
The different mesh ventilation panels give toddlers the chance to have an amazing beach view inside the tent, delivering an experience like no other.
The multiple mesh panels consist of one roll-up mesh door and double sides.
Safety of your child is of the essence so the double mesh panels on the side have been designed to veil the bottom half of the tent while the upper half has waterproof fabric and UV-treatment to keep the sun out.
For mothers who have babies who can’t stop exploring, the Pacific Play Lil Nursery Tent may just do the trick.
Never be worried about the cleanup after each visit to the beach because the floor has been designed using polyethylene fabric which is easy to clean.
Users can assemble, collapse, and store the tent in a carrying bag with ease.
- The multiple mesh panels allow your kids to enjoy a beautiful view. The floors can be easily maintained due to fabric design.
- The designs and colorful design make this baby beach tent an amazing item.
- When it gets windy, you need to take extra care as this baby beach tent does not come with any form of anchor.
- When it gets really hot outside, the UPF 30 rating may not be suitable for the kids.
What to consider when choosing a baby beach tent
There are several options to choose from when considering the ideal baby beach tent during that summer vacation.
These key features should be considered before purchasing a beach baby tent:
- Anchor Points
- Pop-Up Style
- Ultraviolet Protection
Taking time out to do a bit of research on the best beach baby tents is also important. You can check out the reviews on products and read views written by moms on the product.
Ways to effectively use a baby beach tent
There is a significant difference between an umbrella and a tent which is coverage. You want your child protected from the sun at all times.
Severe weather conditions often send an umbrella into flying into space, especially in a windy situation. Baby tents have been designed to remain anchored down, thereby withstanding harsh weather conditions.
Umbrellas often lack the level of ultraviolet protection a tent gives, due to the material used to reduce the impact of radiation on the child’s skin.
Tents that have been strategically designed with babies in mind should be your first choice, and baby beach tents tick all the boxes.
Remember to create anchor points
You don’t want your child screaming because the tent just collapsed on them, prevent such from occurring by placing anchor points, and sandbags or stakes can be utilized in this situation.
In the absence of those, you can consider placing safe baby items on the edges of the tent to ensure stability and keep a close eye on the weather changes.
Although several baby beach tents have the pop-up or easy to open feature, it could take some time to get used to as a mom especially the collapsing and cleaning experience.
Upon purchase, try setting up your beach tent at home away from your baby to ensure all safety measures have been met and check for any harmful object attached to the tent.
It is also safer to clean the tent before the first usage.
You don’t want to keep your baby in a very hot environment, it’s therefore imperative to ensure a ventilated tent at all times.
Except in a case where direct sunlight affects your child, you should ensure the mesh panels remain open and if you intend to be out in the sun for a long time, take cognizance of the position of the tent in relation to the sun.
Always remain with your child in the tent, the beach can be a dangerous place for kids so it’s important to keep a watchful eye so as to have a wonderful time.